“Standard yo”
Review of Yo Sushi - Portsmouth - CLOSED

Yo Sushi - Portsmouth
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: a new restaurant opened at Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, part of the chain.
South East, UK
“Standard yo”
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

As expected for a chain. Some of my food was very small however so I asked them to check the weights of the pieces and they brought new and bigger slices back. Overall ok and good location within gun wharf.

Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Take away the novelty, what's left?”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've been to Yo Sushi before, to one in London where the belt wasn't working and wondered why would you bother to go to one without that novelty. At this one the belt worked, so it was fun.
My teenage daughter had been before with a group of friends, and loved the concept.
The food is interesting and tasy, but unless you have (say) a ramen is largely pre-prepared.
It could have been very busy, but wasn't because one side was closed and customers were having to wait for seats.
Service not very good -I had to hassle for a second spoon so we could share a dish.
Value for money is not good -micro-helpings, and if you wanted to leave feeling satisfied you would have to take out a mortgage. And I was not warned that if I took a drink of tap water from the "help-yourself" dispenser at the place I would be charged over a pound -rubbish value!
And at the till they tried to over-charge by one additional expensive dish.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Catzzndogzz
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Express sushi”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have had sushi at YO before and to be honest what I like about it is that I can just sit and start eating almost immediately. Service was quick even on a busy night. The sushi was decent but definitely not the best I've had. The prices also were relatively fair.

All in all it was a decent experience

• Visited November 2012
Spalding, United Kingdom
“We all enjoyed our first ever visit to a Yo Sushi :)”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

it was our first ever visit to a Sushi Bar and we were apprehensive after reading the reviews on here ; however we all enjoyed it. We went early on a Sunday evening and it was quite busy . The staff were friendly and helpful and explained what we had to do . Our teenagers loved the novelty of picking the food off the conveyor belt . My only moan would be the twice we ordered hot food dishes we had to ask again after about 20 minutes - both times they seemed to have forgotten about our orders as were serving hot dishes to others around us much quicker !!! NIce to be able try lots of different foods we hadnt ever had before.

• Visited October 2012
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Soulless”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We usually really like Yo Sushi and were thrilled to see this one open in Gunwharf quays... The usual buzz that you can find at YoSushi's is completely lost here... The belt is typically very empty and the plates on it are often the basic green beans, salad or desserts... things that come readily packaged... all sushi and maki that require some prep seem not to make it on the belt. We have visited this YoSushi several times and it really seems that only when, who I think is the regional manager is in the restaurant, the place seems to run smoothly. When we visit when an another manager is present the staff seems to be very laid-back and not focused on the task at hand. If you like YoSushi because of the speedy service and freshness then this is not the Yo! for you... Try Guildford or Southampton instead.

Visited September 2012