“Original”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Touareg Restaurant - CLOSED

Touareg Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: This is a Arabian/Moroccan Restaurant, in Portsmouth, Southsea Area, I found them on Facebook, They have shisha and really cool food
“Original”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went there for a meal the first time yesterday. The ambience and decor were very good and the service was excellent, nice change from the typical pompey indian restaurant. The food was fairly good but could be better, come on guys, surely you can do better. Excellent value for money and superb service

• Visited January 2013

Hayling Island
“Highly Recommended, excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a real discovery. The food and service were excellent. The decor gives it a real Middle Eastern feel, as does the aroma when you walk in. The staff catered for our vegetarian needs politely, happily and reassuringly. It was a little bit chilly but, then, it was absolutely freezing outside and I'm sure they would have turned the heating up if we had asked. The food was tasty, perfectly cooked, piping hot and not too spicy...beautifully presented too. Hygiene rating of 5. We will make regular visits. Very highly recommended.

• Visited January 2013
portsmouth
“A Taste of Morocco”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Not having much experience of Moroccan food, we sought the advice of our host and were not disappointed. He recommended the starters Merguez sausage and the Humus which he spiced up a bit on our request. Both starters were extremely nice and the mains which we ordered (Lamb Tajin and vegetable with cous cous) were also of a very good standard. We finished off with a turkish coffee and a mint tea both of which were lovely. We went on a Sunday night and it was very quiet and at one point when the moroccan background music stopped it felt a bit empty, but I am sure on a busy night the atmosphere would be much improved. The restaurant itself is tastefully decorated, we specially liked the lightshades, and the furniture is simple and stylish. The service we received was very good and both friendly and helpful. Value wise I rank the touareg as excellent, we visited with a Tastecard so got half price food, but even without that I would have rated it as at least very good. We will be returning and I certainly recommend it as worth a visit.

• Visited July 2012
Chichester, United Kingdom
“superb food in an authentic atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I visited the Touareg restaurant with friends, the meal and service was exellent and will be coming again sometime.

• Visited December 2012
“Impressive Middle Eastern Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I visited Touareg last night in the company of friends who had seen it recommended. As normal I checked it out beforehand on Trip Advisor and was impressed by the reviews. My expectations were high even before I got there and I was not disappointed in any way. The decor was lovely, the greeting was very polite and courteous.and the menu was superb. There was even a whole page for vegetarians. The starters were excellent, as were the main courses. I had the sweet chicken tagine which was cooked with prunes and was stunning. The Baklava for pudding was excellent too, and they were very generous portions. We ate early (5 pm) as our friends were going to a concert. It made me think how good this would be for pre-theatre dinner if you are going to the Kings as it is less than 5 minutes walk away. A very positive experience which will be repeated again very soon when we introduce other friends to the delights of Touareg.

• Visited November 2012