“Good evening out for a family birthday”
Review of Rancho Steak House

Rancho Steak House
Ranked #92 of 711 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Argentinian Steak House which specialises in different types of steak as well as seafood dishes, fajitas, homemade burgers and ribs. Our drinks menu includes a variety of South American wines and beers.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went to ranchos to celebrate my son's birthday - six of us in total.

All the food was of good quality and cooked as we had requested, only down side was one slightly disappointing starter. Wine was good and reasonably good value for money.

We ordered the Nachos, the chips themselves, the cheese and sour cream were all very good, but the tomato "salsa" they serve is more like the tomato sauce you would put on pizza.

The bill for 6 people, 4 starters, 6 mains, two bottles of wine and two bottles of water was just on £200.

Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I had the steak +rib combo, great quality meat cooked beautifully, service with a smile. Managed to fit us in despite not having a reservation. All of our party enjoyed their meal. Slightly on the expensive side but worth it.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Had a lovely meal ,steak was cooked to perfection,asparagus with aioli was beautiful ,as we're garlic chips.service was good,not too rushed,but not left waiting either.only negative was that the restaurant was a little shabby/ tatty and could do with a tart up ,but that really is nit picking .would I go again?, definitely !

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Me and my boyfriend went to the restaurant on Valentine's Day 2013 and I was pleasantly surprised as I wasn't told where we were going. The staff were very attentive and pleasant however I did think the tables were slightly too close together and could hear other people's conversations more than I would've liked - not ideal for an intimate meal! My boyfriend said it was the best steak & ribs he's ever had and my meal was delicious too. I ordered the Adobo chicken with sauted potatoes and it came as a massive portion but was served with the best mushrooms. We had a lovely time overall but would probably only go there for a very special occasion as it was on the slightly pricier side for a young couple.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I love this place, the food is excellent, the staff are attentive. I cannot recommend this place enough.