Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth
$120
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$87
$128
$136
$113
  • Breakfast included
Number Four Boutique Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$115
Best Western Royal Beach Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$76
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
1,320 results
All reviewsfratton stationfootball groundseparate toilettravel kettleno tea coffee making facilitiesfast food outletsroom was cleanwhat it says on the tinextra pillowsrooms are basiccontinental breakfastone night staypowerful showershort staywi fian overnight staycar parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 8, 2014

For a budget hotel it was comfortable, basic no frills but price good as just visiting my son at Uni and like to break the journey before returning. Very basic, good size bed, shower, toilet , decent tv channels. Parking was good as B&Q car park spaces if full at hotel; Just really missed a kettle so I could make a cuppa in the evening. Would not cost much more to leave a kettle even if people brought their own tea, milk etc. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank rainb0wsend
IbisBudgetPortsmouth, Management Team at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are glad to read that your requirements were met during your stay and hope that you will stay with us again soon.

Kind regards

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Booking this hotel was a bit of an experiment for us, never stayed in a 'budget' hotel before. We needn't of worried. It was fine. Lovely and clean, comfortable bed. Just the place if all you want is somewhere to sleep. Reasonably central with regular buses to take you into Portsmouth. Very welcoming staff (Agatha especially).
Breakfast was a bit disappointing - in particular, the fruit offered was poor (rather sad looking apples) and the rolls were hard. However, there was plenty to eat and no restrictions on the amount.
Would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
IbisBudgetPortsmouth, Management Team at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and particularly pleased to note that you would not hesitate to stay with us again. We look forward to receiving you.

Your compliments have been passed on to the staff.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

I travel quite a bit and I know that mistakes can happen. I'm not a serial complainer but I do expect a certain level of service when I'm handing my money over and I admit I was really apprehensive about a hotel with the word 'budget' in the heading but I was totally amazed at the ethos of this hotel.

I arrived and was given a parking voucher to display in my car.
I got to my room after hours of driving and a blow out on the motorway so I couldnt wait to shower and get into bed.
The room was very basic, but we know this about Ibis. It was spotlessly clean and my only disappointment was no socket near the bed for me to charge my phone.

The bed was relatively comfy but I asked for 2 more pillows and more towels. The room is like a mini pod and I know kids will love the bunk bed style. Nice TV and a great shower. Of course theres no luxury here but when I had a problem and went to reception I couldn't have asked for better customer service. The assistant manager was polite, apologetic and fast acting. The other staff were really helpful and acknowledged me straight away which makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!
I was given complimentary breakfast which was perfect. All help yourself in a bright airy clean area but as much as you like continental style and a big TV with the news on. You have to pay for certain coffees or hot chocolate but I left feeling full and would definitely pay for it if I stay in an ibis again.
My complaint was dealt with and escalated to the General manager and I am really satisfied and bemused at the high level of customer care.
Accor hotel Winchester need to take a leaf out of this book!!!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for you kind words and compliments.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you will have the occasion to stay with us again.

We look forward to receiving you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed here recently,it was our third visit to the hotel. Every time has been of the same good value. No problems with room. Staff very welcoming on arrival. Would recommend to anyone wanting a no frills room.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Wiltshireadventurer
IbisBudgetPortsmouth, Management Team at Hotel ibis budget Portsmouth, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and for your repeat custom at the Ibis Budget Portsmouth.

We are pleased to know that your requirements are being satisfied on your stays with us and hope to welcome you as guests again soon.

Kind regards