Stayed here for one night while visiting the Historic Dockyard area.
1. It would be hard to find a hotel that is in a better location in relation to the Historic Dockyard. It's literally just down the street.
2. Friendly staff.
3. Good full english breakfast included.
1. No air-conditioning, so the hotel (especially the corridors) smells old and musty.
2. Although our room had been recently refurbished, there was a definite smell of mildew.
3. The mattress was awful. My wife barely slept a wink.
That said, if you want a convenient place to stay when visiting the dockyard, look no further. For one night, it was more than adequate. Would stay again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Maritime Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Maritime Club Hotel Portsmouth
- Royal Maritime Hotel