“Great service”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Great service”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went here for my Birthday æast night, the staff were really lovely, and well trained, and didnt make us feel like our every move was being watched! The food was good, well cooked, but for the £60 for 2 courses and wine it was nothing special! I would recommend Barnabys for atmosphere and service but for the price there are better restaurants in Portsmouth for my tastes!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Emfog

London, United Kingdom
“Great value and good food”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Barnaby's has an excellent early bird special - three courses for £12.90 (or thereabouts) - really nice food, good and attentive service. Would defintely recommend and would be delighted to return (amazing cheesecake with toffee sauce too!)

Visited August 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food, Excellent Value”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

My sister and I went hear last month.
We went mid week where 3 courses were offered for £20.00
If you wanted beef fillet there was a supplement charge but worth every penny.
I had mussels to start, beef fillet for mains.
The service was excellent, friendly staff and the food was excellent.
The steak was cooked to perfection and well rested.
Would certainly go back again.

• Visited July 2013
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Just come back from Barnabys. Great atmosphere, fantastic food and very reasonable priced. Will definitely use this restaurant again. The staff are very friendly from the minute you walk in to the minute you leave.

Visited August 2013
Washington
“Food was very good but don't use the gentleman's toilet”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

A nicely decorated place with excellent service. For lunch my husband and I each had a starter of prawn salad, large portion and nicely done. He enjoyed his pork roast with apple sauce and a nice gravy. My vegetarian Wellington was delicious with a wonderful sauce. Our entrees came with a bountiful plate of fresh and colorful vegetable and potatos. Our 2-course meal at £10.50 each was a bargain. We were so full that we couldn't finish everything and did not eat dinner.

• Visited August 2013