The Clarence Boutique Hotel
$120
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
$128
Best Western Royal Beach Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$76
$68
Holiday Inn Express Portsmouth - North(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
$87
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Seacrest Hotel(Portsmouth)
1,243 results
All reviewssunken bathwelcome drinkunderfloor heatingon arrivalsmall hotelfantastic hotelwedding nightbreakfast was deliciouslittle touchesfull englishparking permitcooked to perfectiona wonderful staysea frontbeautiful roomflorence armswould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We have just returned from a couple of days stay here and had an excellent time.

This small boutique hotel is nothing special to look at from outside but do not be fooled once inside it really is excellent.

Location is OK within walking distance of sea front & shops.

We stayed in the “Gold & Bronze” room – Which is be highly recommended. Air conditioning comfortable bed, wi Fi etc. Room is split level with a very stylish bathroom up a few stairs with his and hers wash basins & a large bath and even a bathroom flat screen TV.

Service was first class with nothing too much trouble for the polite & attentive staff. We were meeting some family who were made welcome with tea & coffee and also accommodated in the restaurant area for privacy which was much appreciated.

Breakfast also top notch – Buffet of fresh fruit & cereal etc. followed by freshly cooked English breakfast made with high quality ingredients – Best Bacon I have had for a long time.

All in all a great stay ……. We would certainly return again if in the area and would recommend to anyone wanting good service and a touch of class.

Room Tip: Gold & Bronze room is highly recommended although I believe all will be good with unique character and spotless cleanliness.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night of our wedding as we wanted something luxurious, but not too far away from where we live. At first I wasn't too keen on staying at a glorified B&B as it was our wedding night but none of the larger hotels in Portsmouth had romantic honeymoon suites that I thought warranted a stay for the night of our wedding. Having said all of that, I am so glad I picked this place!!
It didn’t get off to a good start, as I booked to go and view the rooms they had to offer and was told the name of the person I would need to ask for, when I arrived a mature lady answered and quite rudely stood in the doorway and said 'yes' with quite a offensive demeanour about her, I told her I was visiting to view the rooms they have on offer to which she replied that I wouldn't be able to see them as they weren't expecting me. After a brief discussion/explanation I rescheduled.
I was very impressed with all the rooms, but I selected the room which had a sunken bath in front of the bay window. When my husband and I arrived after our wedding we were surprised to see the bar still open which was nice so we sat and had a quiet drink as no one else was there, the barman was very friendly and attentive. Once we had finished in the bar he directed us to our room which had been beautifully decorated with flower petals and wedding related bunting and a bottle of champagne and chocolates in the room.
In the morning I went to run a bath as this was the deciding factor in choosing this room; however I would have still been filling it come dinner time as it was the slowest running bath I have ever experienced, which was very disappointing. We gave up and headed for breakfast and I have to say it was beautifully cooked and nicely presented. Checking out was effortless as we had paid in advance. All in all a good night, bed was comfortable, food was lovely, and MOST of the staff were friendly. I would recommend this to others.

Room Tip: The room with the sucken bath is on the ground floor right by the front door, but we didn't experience any problems with noise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma S
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Living on the outskirts of portsmouth I have only just discovered this hotel, I came across it on Tripadviser so thought I would book for our first wedding Anniversarry, We booked the Lullea Cherry room, On arrival we were met by jade who offered us a complimentry drink then showed us to our room, Now ive stayed in alot of 5 star rooms home & abroad but this room literally had the WOW factor, Just like on the pictures, We had happy annivesarry ballons & gorgeous chocolates, The bed was huge & comfty, The aqua bath was relaxing and even better that we could listen to music or watch TV whilst in the spa bath, Free movies & music i almost wished we had stay in for the night as we really didn't want to leave.
The breakfast was lovely offering a traditional English breakfast and you can help yourself to various other things, Fresh orange juice & Fruit etc...
This hotel really is a gem and deserves to be number 1 on trip adviser, I really would recommend.
Many thanks to jade who was very friendly and made us feel very welcome

Room Tip: Chose the lullea cherry room, its a HUGE room with a jazcuzzi spa bath
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Tiny cramped room. Tiny closet filled with two huge, fluffy robes leaving us with little room for our things. Stuffed animals lying about a nusiance. Complicated shower and lighting system in our bath. Keep it simple. Very accommodating staff. Wonderful breakfast; beautifully served with proper linens. Location out of the way.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank flynnza
Reviewed July 25, 2012

The design,reconstruction and location of this small property has worked excellently. Our experience of two of the eight guest rooms and of the common areas for a few days was delightful. The decor, the facilities, and the comfort of the guest rooms provided a relaxed stay, From reception to farewell the staff were unobtrusive but very friendly and helpful. I would go back again if only for the breakfast! The only caveat is the limited on-street parking.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family