“A Hidden Treasure”
Review of Stattons Hotel

Stattons Hotel
Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Portsmouth
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have family in the Southsea area and have often struggled to find 'suitable' accommodation, but since we found Stattons, our problem has been solved. We have stayed in three of the rooms, and 'nosied' in most of the others and they are all very nice indeed. Most of the rooms are 'snug', but the beds are clean and comfortable and the bathrooms are well laid out; even if some of the hand basins are a little small. The included continental breakfast is quite sufficient, but you can pay a reasonable additional charge for anything from a full English to poached eggs on toast. We'll definitely be using it again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Ellie H, Manager at Stattons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Joe

Thank you kindly for your review. It's always a pleasure to have you stay when visiting your family nearby and I'm glad you have had the chance to experience a number of our rooms here. I'm pleased the breakfast is satisfying too and we look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.

Kind regards

All at Stattons

There are newer reviews for Stattons Hotel

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The staff were friendly and attentive from our arrival to our departure on our one night stay at Stattons. The hotel was clean throughout and has a cosy feel. The continental breakfast which was included in the room price was really lovely and there was also a good, full, hot breakfast menu available also. We stayed in the superior double which has a four poster bed and free-standing bath. The room was lovelyand had some nice finishing touches. However, we found it a little small after seeing it on the website. Also, the fixtures and fittings for the bath and the sink were pretty poor as they were actually loose and you couldn't have cold water running in the sink for brushing your teeth.

The hotel location was good, close to the seafront and a few resturants, bars and shops close by.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such a lovely review. We are glad you found the hotel clean and cosy too and our staff welcomed you!

I am going to investigate the trouble with the fixtures and fittings in the bathroom here and thank you for noting this for our attention.

I hope we can welcome you back sometime.

Best regards

All at Stattons

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here for one night and we're extremely impressed. Stattons is a lovely small boutique hotel well placed close to the Southsea seafront and a short car/taxi ride to Gunwharf Quays or Portsmouth city centre. The hotel is tastefully decorated and the rooms are clean, spacious and well-equipped. There is a lovely small bar area and a free car park adjacent to the hotel. There is free wifi and the staff are friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellie H, Manager at Stattons Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased you liked the hotel and found everything to your satisfaction. We hope to see you again if you are in the area.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Tiniest single room I've ever slept in (single travellers know what I mean!). Boutique appears to mean latest in a LONG succession of paint layers is black or purple, cubist lamps in "silver" everywhere, wallpaper with LARGE purple/ black/ silver flowers everywhere plus removal of doors (great view of my loo from my pillow!) replaced with many random cusshions.(No room to even put my collection on the floor - 1 small suitcase took up all the floor)

It is an elderly seaside hotel with a bit of a tart-up.

One poor girl appeared to be alone on duty at all times, v. nice but NO service. Breakfast was a minimalist buffet (on a table in the breakfast room/ bar/ lounge/ vestibule) at tables set also in the vestibule with several sets of "matching" chairs. The "lounge" is same "room" and consists of a very elderly sofa and a coffee table.

I was sent there as a result of a booking bloomer at their other hotel (& was told I was lucky, as this was much more expensive & the breakfast was "much better"??!!)

Room photos (mine would not have been photographable from any angle) definitely taken with those lenses!

Room Tip: Don't have the single room On the corner above the stairwell or the double directly opposite th...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Minksmum

Whilst we appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel it is very disappointing to read your comments.

As you mention you were due to stay in a simple hotel of ours with no service, lounge or wifi access. Instead you were upgraded (at no extra cost) for your stay.

As the member of staff who helped and served you during your stay I am sorry you feel that there was "NO service" to quote you. I tried to ensure, by carrying your bags from the car park and to your room, aiding you with amenities at the hotel, serving you a late coffee after reception closed (at no cost), discussing your current work project and serving a late breakfast to you allowing you to relax in the breakfast room after the end of breakfast, that you felt comfortable and at home for your visit and I'm sorry if this did not come across to you. I can assure you that the service, comfort level and provisions at Stattons are far superior to the original property picked.

As for our decor, I am sorry this did not meet your tastes, we generally find people love the style of our hotel.

Once again thank you for taking time to review the property and best wishes

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My partner and I decided to visit Portsmouth on the spur of the moment to visit my daughter at university. I went online and discovered this hotel, which was cheaper/similarly priced to various chain hotels nearby.
Upon arrival, we were shown to our room, which was beautifully decorated and very individual, warm and clean.
We had a drink in the bar and a pleasant chat, followed by a very good nights sleep! Breakfast was lovely, and the service polite and friendly.
We will return again in the future!

Hello

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We are pleased you found the hotel good value for money compared to the hotels in the area and that you liked the room decoration.

We are pleased all our staff made you feel welcome and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Many thanks

All at Stattons Hotel

We will return again in the future!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stayed here for a night before travelling to the Isle of Wight. Nice quiet hotel, immaculately clean with modern decor. Very comfortable rooms, with fabulously fluffy towels in the bathroom. Only criticism was that the mirror in the bathroom was too high for me (I am 5ft 4") and the continental breakfast lacked the pastries advertised.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed staying at the hotel and liked our decor. I'm sorry our warmed croissants were unavailable for you - this seems unusual as they are so popular we always ensure we are very well stocked! I hope the other breakfast provisions were enjoyable.

We do hope you enjoyed the Isle of Wight and see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stylish comfortable hotel - warm room soft bed and pillows, superb duvet, luxurious heated towels.
Excellent quality breakfast with delicious fruit salad, and tasty sandwiches in the bar for an evening in.
Parking area a real bonus in a very congested on street parking area.
Very friendly helpful attentive staff. Superb all round!
We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay. Well worth a visit.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for leaving us such a nice review. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and liked the quality of bedding and towels we provide. Our fruit salad and snack menu are popular and we are pleased you enjoyed them too!

Thank you again and do come back to us soon,