“Outstanding!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My colleague and n
Myself have been visiting this little haven of food heaven for some time and I have to say its a new adventure every time,
I love it when it's busy , to see new dishes being served,
Jas & rucon salute you!

1  Thank Jason H

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I visit the Hong Kong Tea Bar about once a fortnight because the food is tasty, cheap and frankly amazing! The service, even when it is busy, is quick and the choice is fantastic.

Yes, I know it looks like a greasy spoon, the tables and decor are tired but that's why I love it!

I have all of my business lunches in there and I have clients that ask me especially to come to my offices instead of theirs just to eat at the Tea Bar.

Long live the Tea Bar!

1  Thank TheBigG1972
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I love the food here, ok it is like a canteen that you might find anywhere in China but that is what I like about it, the staff are friendly and as I am partially disabled I always get a smile and some help getting in the door. It is always busy and I really enjoy some of the Chinese who dine there sharing my table. There are a host of choices available and all are really good value. You get a good sized portion and maybe too much rice but the accompaniment's are tasty especially the roast duck. It is my first choice of Chinese good in Portsmouth and such good value. The dining area is rather clinical I guess but the place is always clean and used tables are quickly cleared making room for those waiting. Can recommend the Spring rolls AND you get free China tea or coffee and you will not find better value in the City.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have seen a few reviews that mention the tired or less than appealing decor. Hong Kong Tea Bar reminds me of some of the non touristy cafes in Hong Kong which are off the main tourist track. At these cafes, you will find no frills but good food in a no frills setting.

Hong Kong Tea Bar offers an authentic Chinese menu and a 'Western' menu and you will eat very well here for less than £8 a head (easily). I'm not talking about fine dining or refinement but good, tasty and authentic food - and generous portions. My score of '4' for 'Atmosphere' is more to do with my nostalgia for the cafes in Hong Kong rather than for the ambience.

I think it's great that Hong Kong Tea Bar is in Portsmouth! :-)

1  Thank Milly92
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This Asian restaurant is great for a late lunch (dinner). There is a range of curries noodles and drinks. The decoration isn't that nice however the food is amazing. Too add, the food is very quick to come and the staff are very nice. I have been here many times and love the food I don't get bored of the meals because there is so much to choose from. This place is yummy I recommend it!