“Would recommend” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nando's - Portsmouth

Nando's - Portsmouth
Ranked #89 of 634 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Would recommend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

Good quality and quantity of food - and gives you the easy choice of level of spice. Service OK, just a little slow - though was fairly busy when we went

Visited September 2012

Southampton, United Kingdom
“You can have anything you like, so long as it's Chicken!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I do enjoy a good visit to Nandos and having the hottest chicken possible. Nandos is pretty homogenous, one is pretty much the same as the other.

Portsmouth is no exception. However, I haven't been to Nandos for a while, and was interested to see the price hike since my last visit. We are in recession, but I remember the portions being much larger last time I went! Getting double chicken in a pitta bread used to mean the chicken would bulge out the pitta pocket and you would have more chicken than bread! Now it seems the economy has hit, and this is no longer the case (or maybe this year saw a poor chicken harvest, and just like our veg, they are not as large as usual, however I feel the first is more plausable!)

The food was still good, and their chips are excellent. I enjoy sloshing as much hot peri-peri sauce on until my mouth resembles the state it does after visting the dentist for anaestetic.

It is really good wholesome food, and doesn't attract undesireables as mentioned by stand up comedians. It doesn't deserve this reputation at all.

I found the staff very helpful, and very friendly. My wife's wrap was delivered without cheeses when paid for, and we got a sincere apology followed by a quick replacement. Nandos has not suffered like other chain restaurants by becomining impersonal and faceless, and that is part of it's success.

The only flaw, is you pay quality restaurant prices for what is effectively a fast-food KFC competitor.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“What can I say.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Nandos is Nandos and this one is no exception, fantastic food and ambience. If you like chicken, it's a must visit.

Visited November 2012
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

A lovely Nandos, spacious and very friendly staff and gorgeous food!! It was very busy when we went but the staff made sure my family didn't wait a long time to be seated or served.

Highly recommended!

Visited November 2012
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I went to nandos for the first time with very high expectations as many people had recommended it to me. I definitely was not disappointed. Everything was perfect. The food was delicious and served quickly by attentive staff. I am looking forward to my next visit!

1 Thank danwell97