“Awful”

Ancient Ram Inn
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awful”
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I was disappointed with the whole experience. This place must have been a lucrative business over the years.....I did not see any evidence of any work that had been carried out on that building which is a shame, this should be compulsory purchased asap and hopefully something could be salvaged.
I was not fooled for one minute
The other negative comments are completely justified.

Visited July 2012
11 Thank ben19809

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I am disgusted with what people are saying about John. He is a dear old man who loves his home. The ghost is hunt/tours are only as good as the people doing them! He is very forgetful as he is 90 or more years of age and suffers from dementia. He had a group of youths in his hope last saying they had booked and paid etc although the group I was with had the booking and paid the deposits. Yes johns stories are exaggerated but he wants everyone to experience why he has. We had an activity packed night. Great responses in the Honey moon or withes room as John calls it on the ouiji board. Myself personally had a sprint so close to me I was shaking uncontrollably and burst out in tears the feeling was unreal. We had amazing results from table tipping and several other experiments. Faces were seen in the fireplace. So I resent the comments people are making with regards to John vein a con-man. Everyone's got to make a living and you always must have the mind set that you may not experience anything. Go in thinking you always will and you'll be greatly disappointed!!!

Visited May 2013
21 Thank CrystalG92
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A good afternoon out! John is lovely”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We visisted today, just spare of the moment thing, and caught john on his way out to the shops. He was very kind to show us around the whole place and missed going to the shops completely! There is no doubt the place is old and very interesting, the pictures and antiques are enough to keep me wowing the whole time! His accounts of the history are again very interesting. Although there was no paranormal activity it was still really enjoyable. He never mentioned money. I think john is a really sweet old man, he asked several times what we do for a living. Bit forgetful? All I know is, he didn't have to show us around his enchanting home but he did, and it's beautiful.

7 Thank marleykelly
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“good fun!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I am saddened by the other reviews- of course you did not get a 'feeling' as ghosts are not actually real. However having lived in wotton-under-edge for a long time, john is definately a character and prehaps not for everyone. The Ram Inn is his home, and is very atmospheric, a great day out if you like a good ghost story and is full of history.
He is not a con man- but a man who is trying to raise money in order to restore this incredible building, without it falling into the hands of some organisation that will turn it into a museum- again it is his home after all.
The place is falling into disrepair but if you can get a chance to have a look around this incredible place before it is either pulled down or john himself (who isnt getting any younger) passes on then you will remember your visit for a long time!!

Visited December 2012
12 Thank slacey_13
sussex
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Health hazzard”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Shirlh1986 i think you have reviewed the wrong place!!
I am glad that this place has finally been exposed as a complete con.
Do not go there if you value your health.

Visited July 2012