“My favourite cinema anywhere”

Wotton Electric Picture House
More attraction details
Owner description: The independent cinema for Wotton-under-Edge and the surrounding area, showing a wide range of current releases, world cinema, and theatre broadcast live from venues including the National Theatre.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I make a point of waiting till the new films come to Wotton before seeing them as I believe it's really important to support a community cinema like this one. Usually one doesn't have to wait more than a month from a film being released before it arrives in Wotton. They have really decent ice creams/sweets etc, and the staff/volunteers are really friendly. I believe they are updating their website as my one grouse is that you cannot book more than one film at a time and therefore have to pay two service charges or whatever it's called. Otherwise I would urge everyone to come here. There is free parking just outside the cinema and if you are local you usually see lots of your friends here.

2  Thank SouthGlosEngland

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Small, but perfectly formed little community cinema! Very comfortable seats, up to date films, selection of sweets/chocs/drinks for sale. Altogether a really good experience!

2  Thank R C
Reviewed March 11, 2014

technically a very god venue,however the sound system is far too loud and bassy for my liking. film selection is modern and up to date but does nothing for me ( probably fault of film makers ) so dont visit very often. Shame as it is a very good cinema.

1  Thank Hywel L
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The Wootton Electric Picture House is a community project to keep a small cinema in the town centre operating. It is run by volunteers and they are very welcoming and friendly. On the day we went the projector had broken down and the engineer was on his way. We were invited to come back an hour later when hopefully the film could run and we would get our money refunded anyway because of the inconvenience. We returned an hour later and after a ten minute wait the film started. The seats are comfortable with plenty of leg room. Possibly the friendliest cinema you will ever visit. An added bonus there is free parking nearby.

2  Thank KenMaideheadUK
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Amazingly comfortable, small cinema with first-run movies on digital projection equipment, and everything is run by volunteers! I saw a Judi Dench movie that had only just been released in the US.

1  Thank Paddy B