“nice cosy hotel”

Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Winchcombe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2012

nice room only prob there was a wedding going on so felt a bit in the way as you had to walk through some of the guest to ge to rooms abit noisey till they left very good breakfast though would stay again

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

The food is delicious. The atmosphere is lovely, and the host, Matthew is delightful. A great evening.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

As a regular visitor to the Wesley House Bar and Grill I thought it was about time it deserved a review, I suspect like most people I seem more keen to review the restaurants that aren't up to scratch!
I eat there with my girlfriend in the week and had the mussels, superb plump mussels with a great cream sauce and she had the parfait served in a little kilner jar, great flavour although could do with a bit more toast, she didn't want to leave any!! Main courses both equally good particularly the seabass steamed with what I was told by the waitress to be vermouth which flavoured without over powering. Great tasting steak, cooked exactly as requested as well, so I'm told!
Service is relaxed and friendly and we always find it good value, it's cheaper than alot of pubs!
As I said, we are regulars to Wesley House and it's always worth the drive from Cheltenham even though there are plenty of good restaurants closer to home. Looking forward to the next time.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have been quite regular visitors to the brasserie At the Wesley.We returned last week & had a dissapointing evening.Starters of Mussels ,so usually yummy yummy,were just awful ,the sauce was just like dish water with onions floating on the top.Mains .. A pork dish that was really bland,but the mash was ok.Sea bass in a paper parcel was very soapy.The waitress realised about the uneaten sauce with the Mussels & we clearly mentioned how dissapointed we were .She said we were not the first !!! I hear the group has expanded to include The Royal Oak at gretton .as always in these cases standards go down hill at the original buisness.Such a shame as i always enjoyed a night at the Wesley.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I went to the restaurant and had the fixed menue £39 for three courses. The bar area has a pleasant feel and we were served with lovely canapes. The menu was small but quite a good selection and the restaurant was VERY quite. The food was very tastey and the staff lovely. I would recommend this restaurant but felt it was quite expensive and too quiet.