Why we didn't just arrive at the lion inn instead of trawling round the surrounding villages is beyond me, we arrived slightly tired but once we had settled and realised that room 3 wasn't a disappointment (my wife had set her heart on the room with the rocking horse) We pitched ourselves at the bar and just got lost in the sheer beauty of the place i had taken my camera to take pictures of the Cotswolds and took only pictures of The Lion Inn turning into David Bailey for the afternoon and at every possible chance made some great memories for us to look back at the minute we arrived home, the food was without doubt a few touches away from being rosette standard and having over heard the changes to be made outside wondered if this was a new stalwart for the Michelin guide. A must see for lovers of anything shaby chic and charming the winter whimsy was a fantastic deal and made us realise that we had got a bargain but would not look twice at returning in the summer months for it was and is by far the most satisfying and beautiful ways of rekindling our romance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A welcoming yet stylish Cotswolds pub with rooms located in the heart of Winchcombe. The Lion Inn has eight lovely en-suite bedrooms, each boasting its own unique detail, such as a vintage Mickey Mouse mural. In your room you’ll find all the mod-cons you need, including soft linens, tea-and-coffee-making facilities and handmade bath and body products, but with the notable exception of a TV – here is a place to really unplug and relax. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old White Lion Hotel Winchcombe
- The Lion Inn Winchcombe, England