This was our first visit to the White Hart although we have passed it many times. The village is quirky but has several shops to visit and Sudeley Castle is in walking distance and well worth a visit. The food was really good and well presented although expensive without a Group on / Living Social voucher. We had a two course meal with a glass of vintage champagne. My wife had the garlic mushrooms and I had the potted duck. The mushrooms were fine but the potted duck lacked flavour. Our main course was belly pork and gammon, both were really nice, a good portion size and well presented. We did, however, think that the meals were expensive if you were paying full price. They have a wide selection of beers and wines but the ambience left a little to be desired. I do not think we will revisit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eat, drink and flop in historic Winchcombe. To some it's a pub, others a hotel. Situated at the heart of the village of Winchcombe near Cheltenham, this ‘restaurant with rooms’ (there are 11) offers the very best of British food and an excellent wine list. Visit the wine shop and try the famous sausages in the Wine & Sausage eating rooms. A perfect place to visit or stay if you love walking or visiting Cheltenham races. Each of the 8 en-suite rooms are individually styled and some have feature beds. In the Wine & Sausage eating rooms located on the inns ground floor they are passionate about real food, the great and simple British dishes that we grew up with. Ingredients are carefully sourced and wherever possible use local and regional farmers, growers, fishermen, producers, brewers and even winemakers. Just a few metres away from the inn you will find the scenic Cotswold Way and Gloucestershire Way footpaths. The Inn is also very popular with cyclists and can help with routes around the area, especially via one or two other 'watering holes'. There's even a hosepipe for washing down muddy bikes. Winchcombe is an idyllic base for touring the Cotswolds and the White Hart is the perfect bolt hole close to the famous sporting and cultural festival town of Cheltenham. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your White Hart Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Hart Hotel Winchcombe
- White Hart Inn Winchcombe, England