“Never fails to delivery in every way”

Lords of the Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Upper Slaughter
London, England
“Never fails to delivery in every way”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Lords is very precious to us, having hosted our Wedding weekend here in April 2011. We were super excited to return for a weekend of luxury.

Lords delivered in every sense. The hotel was immaculate and the staff a delight. The room and all the little touches make the same memorable. The real winner is the food. Each course is a piece of art; precise, delicate and packed full if flavour. It is a real triumph.

All round amazing! Well done Team Lords!

• Stayed September 2012
GeneralManagerLOM, General Manager at Lords of the Manor Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Mr & Mrs Hendon
It was great to welcome you back to Lords a year on after your Wedding, I suspect you had more time to relax and enjoy Lords than during the excitement of your wedding. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Paul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Bath
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We spent a weekend here. The room was lovely, the staff couldn't have been more helpful and the food is superb. The hotel is in one of the most picturesque parts of the Cotswolds and there are lots of opportunities for short or long walks in the surrounding countryside, taking some of the other pretty villages in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the garden if possible.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Taistealoir
Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely words, the team will be so pleased to get your feedback. I hope we will see you for another weekend soon.
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while visting The Cotswolds. This is a very lovely hotel on beautiful grounds. We checked in, service was great. Rooms were ready right away - lovely room on the upper level. Bed was comfortable, bathroom clean. We had a very formal dinner at the hotel the first night. The food was good, but not great for the price. The service was impeccable.

While empirically everything was perfect, it was a little too boring for me. It is remote, you can't walk to anything - it is not in a town - you have to drive for any of that. We went to Stratford for a day - I loved that - great town with lots of shops and restaurants. Otherwise, I thought that the part of my trip was boring, nice to see, but I would not go back.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Ekob
GeneralManagerLOM, General Manager at Lords of the Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your candid review, I am sorry we were not your cup of tea. We are definately not in the hurley burly of life in Upper Slaughter but hopefully most of our guests love that about us.

We do try hard to be everyone's cup of tea, currently we stock 19 of the UK's most sophisticated varieties of tea's and infusions.

Verona, Italy
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Had a weekend break with the Lords of the Manor Hotel in July. Have to say that it was one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Service was excellent, very attentive and always with a smile.
The restaurant ( the reason for booking ) is utterly fantastic, food was second to none, exquisite taste with enough to fill the appetite rather than just a taste leaving you still hungry.

We had a couple of minor complaints which we raised to ensure that the hospitality was not spoiled for anyone else. The management team reacted very swiftly to these with emails to ensure us that the points raised would be rectified. This just proves to us that the management team care about their service.

Would strongly recommend for both the food and the accomodation.

We will visit again soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerLOM, General Manager at Lords of the Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Guest
I am so glad you had an excellent experience with us. We do genuinely want people to have a lovely time here and I am glad that you will visit again soon, do contact me personally when you have a date in mind so I can welcome you back personally.
Swansea
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here in November 2011 on a Travelzoo deal for my partner's birthday. I have read many of the reviews on here stating that staying at the hotel as part of a package deal meant they felt like they were treated differently. I felt compelled to write a review to state that we had the opposite experience! We felt like we were treated like royalty! We had an upgrade to a larger room on arrival and the staff were extremely helpful. The highlight of the stay for us was the a la carte dinner. Wow. I have never enjoyed a meal so much in my life. The whole experience was delightful.

We wouldnt usually be able to afford a stay at Lords of the Manor so to find the deal on Travelzoo was great for us. I keep looking out for another but havnt seen any recently. I live in hope that I will be able to afford to return!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerLOM, General Manager at Lords of the Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Danielle C
Thank you for your lovely review, I am glad you had a delightful time here and the team will love reading your comments.

Do keep an eye on our website for the latest offers, we are splendidly competitive on price and have some splendid offers coming up.

I hope to welcome you back here soon.
Best wishes
Northumberland, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

A special birthday was made even more special by choosing to spend it at this hotel. Before we travelled my daughter received a phone call to ask if we preferred blankets or duvets and did any of us have any dietary requirements.
The welcome and service when arrived was superb. Extremely efficient without being over the top and we felt very much at home.
We had been given an upgrade to a Rectory room in the main house and although it was very comfortable and apparently re-furbished not too long ago I felt the interior designer could have made it a little more luxurious. It was a bit too shabby chic, although the bathroom was very modern and well designed.
Dinner on my birthday night was excellent. The canapés were amazing, in fact we all said we could have made a meal of those. Dinner itself was fabulous, no complaints from anyone. None of us could manage desert so we decided on coffee which arrived with a variety of delectable nibbles, chocolates, tiny macaroons and more.
The hotel is in the most beautiful area with lots to do, lovely villages to visit, plenty of walks.
Can't wait to visit in the winter when I think the atmosphere will be completely different but nevertheless welcoming.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Hepburn42
GeneralManagerLOM, General Manager at Lords of the Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely review, I am glad you had a memorable birthday with us. Indeed we look forward to your return in the Winter with the odd roaring log fire and a very different but equally inspiring landscape. Do contact me personally when making your reservation.
Many thanks
Chipping Norton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our 25th Wedding Anniversary here with 6 other couples. The staff were very helpful and attentive. We had a very pleasant time we had a meal which was superbly cooked and all our guests commented on how delicious the food was. Our rooms were delightful and of a high standard.
The only thing that was disappointing was that staff discarded an envelope we had given to reception for safe keeping. We remembered this and went to collect it two days later. We felt they should have kept this for us and/or contacted us via phone or e-mail and given us the option to collect it but they said their policy was to discard items after guest leave? I do not think this is satisfactory and told them to consider changing their policy it could have contained money or an item of value. Otherwise the stay was a great experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Drainer
GeneralManagerLOM, General Manager at Lords of the Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Mr & Mrs Drainer
Thank you for your review, we enjoyed looking after your celebration and I will pass your great review on to the team. I do apologise for the miss understanding with the envelope - ordinarily we keep guest property for up to 6 months and goodness we have all sorts of exotic items here. I will follow this up with Hanna.

I hope we can welcome you back here soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Upper Slaughter
Ellenborough Park
Ellenborough Park
#3 of 22 in Cheltenham
Number Four at Stow and Cutler's Restaurant
Number Four at Stow and Cutler's...
#2 of 8 in Stow-on-the-Wold
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Chipping Campden

Been to Lords of the Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!