“Restful and cosy”

The Ormond at Tetbury
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Tetbury
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here at the Ormond as a surprise for me before I go into hospital. The hotel is on the main street with no parking but there is parking nearby which was not really a problem for us, although being a boutique hotel some may find this an issue. A tip would be to drop off your bags and then go and park. Our room was room 11, a superior room, and although a little small, was beautifully appointed. The bed was wonderfully comfortable and lovely and warm. The bathroom a good size too. We ate an evening meal in the dining room and the food was beautifully cooked. All options around the menu were carefully explained and the food presented really well. Breakfast was lovely........a good range to choose from and again beautifully cooked. The central location is a real bonus as it is good to explore the town of Tetbury. We did not find any problems with the staff as others have mentioned..in fact they went out of their way to be of help when we required it. Everywhere in the hotel was beautifully clean and there was great attention to detail. We would certainley stay there again and would recommend it to anyone wishing to visit this part of the country.

Room Tip: Our room was lovely and quiet overlooking the courtyard. However this was October so there was no-on...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I ate at the Ormond for the first time yesterday. The bar area is really lovely, comfortable and warm with a good atmosphere. The food and the service however, were not great. The staff forgot to bring our nibbles (which we ordered because we were going to have to eat later than anticipated), which was a little annoying. Once we had ordered our mains, the (unfortunately) inevitable happened - the food arrived before the cutlery. A bit of attention to detail wouldn't go amiss. The food was OK, but could have been presented bit better.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at The Ormond, Tetbury for one night and it was wonderful. It was my 50th birthday and the thoughtful desk staff went out of their way to put me in a special room for the occasion. The 'Stable Room', as it was called had a real 'wow' factor ... lush purple colour scheme, bed up on a platform, beautiful new shower-room - sofa, big flat screen tv (if you like that sort of thing!), coffee and tea in the room. It's a long, thin room but very large. The bed was soooo comfortable, the room spotlessly clean. Hotel location is in the middle of town, convenient for everything.

Service at the hotel was first class - attentive, positive, helpful. Wonderful!

Had dinner at the hotel bar (Pork Loin with veggies) and it was first class delicious. Great setting - warm, cozy, friendly, tables/sofas. Breakfast in the morning had a huge selection of hot and cold items, the staff attentive, friendly.

The town itself ... Tetbury is one of the loveliest towns I've ever been to and I've lived all over the world. Small, cute as cute can be, full of little boutique shops, cafes, antiques and such beautiful stone architecture. Really like being in a fairy tale. :)

I'd definitely come back to The Ormond again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great night or weekend away.

Room Tip: Stable room is a long, narrow room with exposed beams on ceiling, the bed on a raised platform, comf...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Adventures4Annie
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I spent two nights at the Ormond. The hotel itself is nice: clean and comfortable. However, the reception is run so badly, it really reduced the quality of my stay.
Just getting the reservation of two rooms for two nights, for the correct nights, and price was an unbelievable challenge. After numerous e-mails and phone calls everything seemed to be sorted out. When I checked out, I was asked to pay an amount lower than what I had expected. I pointed this out but was reassured that the price was correct. Hours later, I was called and informed that I had been undercharged. I asked the hotel to send me an e-mail about the matter -my phone's battery was almost dead. I never received any such e-mail. Less than a day later the hotel charged my credit card the difference - and has not given me a response more personal than the statement that they charged my credit card... I promise you, I am an easy-going person: the hotel staff can not be relied on to manage simple booking and receiving payment for a room - or deal with their mistakes in a way that suggests they have any aspiration to run the place with a sense of business ethics.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisl81
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had been very happy calling in for the occasional evening Drinks at 'The Ormond' for some while, before we realised that it was actually a very fashionable Boutique Hotel as well.

With our 49th Wedding Anniversary by then fast-approaching, it seemed an obvious choice for a Special Dinner and an Overnight Stay. A brief word with the helpful Staff, and it was all arranged.

'The Ormond' does have a very smart Restaurant, but both of us always prefer to eat in the very atmospheric and busy Bar, which unusually not only offers delicious Specials of the day, but also a choice from the full Restaurant Menu.

The Food was quite simply outstanding and most enjoyable, and the Friendly Service absolutely First Class!

As 'The Ormond' is located right in the middle of Tetbury, in the Heart of the historic Cotswolds, my only concern was what to do for Overnight Parking. That proved to be no problem at all, as just around the corner from the Hotel, the overnight Car Parking is FREE!

That very Special Evening was a really great success, with yours-truly earning maximum Bonus Points! But now I have a dilema. How to make next year's 50th Wedding Anniversary as special?

That's easy. It will have to be 'The Ormond' again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I had lived in Tetbury for over 40 years and knew The Ormonds very well, or so i thought! My then lovely fiancee, now lovely wife, were on the lookout for that perfect wedding venue and were tearing our hair out. With the in laws we decided to pop in and grab a coffee and a sandwich, as we left we noticed that the Ormonds were venturing into the wedding reception side of the business so asked if they may be able to help us, a task that would test their metal as we had a date of less than a year away! What happened next really surprised us both.
From that first chance discovery, a meeting was arranged so that we could run through our plans for the reception. That was when we discovered that not only could they supply us with the venue, seating drink and food for our planned 100 guests, the lady we were sat talking to, Nikki, would also be our personal wedding planner from that time on!!! We could not of been happier as the big day approached and every one of our plans had been fulfilled, some even exceeding our expectations!
The big day finally arrived and the church service was complete. On our arrival at the Ormonds we were greeted by the sight of our guests sipping arrival drinks in the beautiful courtyard that had been dedicated to us, a lovely thing to see and from that very moment on we knew we could relax and enjoy the rest of our day.
The staff at the Ormonds, expertly guided by the wonderful Nikki, waited on everyone swiftly and professionally, serving beautiful canapes and making sure everybodys glasses remained topped up. All of the guests were then seated in comfort in the marquee erected at the end of the courtyard. Again the staff were on hand to ensure glasses were full to welcome us into what could only be described as OUR DREAM.
The marquee looked stunning and everybody was comfortable and relaxed. After the speeches the food was announced and everyone was served that traditional wedding fare, Hogroast!!! I cannot begin to describe the taste, it was devine, and only the shiney bones remained. After the grand meal the coach house to the side of the marquee was re-opened, with its self contained but spacious bar, for some very energetic boogie!
I suppose, what i am trying to say is this, if you are looking for somewhere to hold the perfect wedding reception, i think that we literally stumbled pon it, but are so glad we did. I would highly recommend The Ormonds to anyone, Stunning venue, ever friendly staff, beautiful food with fantastic service, and of course, Nikki, your very own planner who will do everything in her power to make it that little more special.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2012

stayed at the ormond 16th and 17th october. stayed in room 7 superior double, nice bed, big bathrom we took our dog which we where charged £25. the breakfast was lovely plenty of choice i had full english one morning and smoked salmon and scrambled eggs the next morning,the bar was very welcoming and the food menu had plenty of choice, plus afternoon tea and scones which was very welcome after a long walk around westonbirt arbortum, the ormond is a great base for exploring the cotswolds,plus to my husbands delight they do cycling breaks which he will be going on with friends.would recommend this hotel dogs where welcome in the bar aswell

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tetbury
The Hare and Hounds Hotel
#1 of 2 in Stonehouse
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
DoubleTree by Hilton Cheltenham
#1 of 1 in Charlton Kings

Been to The Ormond at Tetbury? Share your experiences!