“The Priory Inn 2013”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Tetbury
Fareham, United Kingdom
“The Priory Inn 2013”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I booked the Priory Inn in Feb 2013 as I had a business meeting close by the next day, the hotel was immaculate and staff were very friendly, the room was very nice and they had a bath my favorite, I had very good meal and the range of drinks was good, the breakfast was also very good, the Inn used to be the stables for Priory which now a nursing home, Tetbury is very nice rural town which is worth a visit

Room Tip: check laterooms you get some good deals
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Poolesville, Maryland
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've had 2 recent trips to Tetbury and have stayed at the Hare and the Hounds and now The Priory Inn. For my 3rd trip I'll be back to The Priory Inn but I don't think you can go wrong with either place. I like the ownership at The Priory Inn, I love their vision to buy everything from suppliers within 30 miles. I like the menu, there is good variety and their pizzas are great. I like that the pizza chef and I talked about how to make great pizza dough. I like the atmosphere in the bar and the variety of beer. I like the staff, my cold-water tap did not have sufficient pressure and the maintenance man fixed it immediately and explained to me what was wrong. Service at breakfast is superb, at dinner time it depends on who is serving. The bathrooms are not as nice as The Hare and Hounds but for me it's just a bathroom, this may be more important for some though. The bedroom is large and there is plenty of space to put my stuff and I like that there are just enough pillows on the bed and no more.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AgileScottie
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Arrived on a Friday afternoon to a lovely open fire in the bar/ restaurant. Was greeted by exceptionally friendly staff from the housekeeper to the front of house staff. All aspects of our two night stay was explained to us and all hotel facilities. Our room (11) was really lovely! Plumper pillows would suit me better but the extra large kingsize bed was SO comfy!! The power shower was the best ever in any hotel we've ever been in. the toiletries, etc were all a real treat:-). Best ever towels!
The bar, with local beers, lagers and ciders was really great and definitely no more expensive than local pubs! You must try the Crazy Goat a blend of cider and perry with a real kick! The raspberry and quince liqueurs were splendid too. The home cooked pizzas were just great and were excellent value.
Where to start with breakfasts!! The best locally sourced produce cooked to perfection and the toast (always a test for me) was good!!
All in all, quite possibly the nicest place to stay. Facilities, food and most of all the friendliest and professional staff ever!! 10/10!!

Room Tip: Room 11 great - plenty of room and fab bathroom!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange County California
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Last summer, I took the whole family with me back to England. The whole family stayed at the Priory and we had a lovely time. I stayed a week longer than my family, as they had to go back to the states, and once again, I was very well taken care of by the entire staff.

Breakfast was included with our stay and it was very delicious. Sometimes when a hotel includes breakfast, it's continental at best, but not the priory. They made me fresh eggs and sausage when ever I asked. They have the best muffins, baked fresh every morning. I like the 30 mile dining philosophy. They only serve food from a 30 mile radius, so you know it's fresh. Cheese too. Oh, and the pizza.... The pizza....... They have a wood fire oven, need I say more?

The beds were comfy, and the room very spacious, especially by European standards.

Once again, I'll be back, if my travels bring me this way.

Room Tip: There are only 14 rooms here, but I've only stayed in room 12, both times. It's spacious.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

After looking in the area booked the Priory at a good price but were not too impressed overall. Room was OK, clean and comfortable although a little tired but our biggest mistake was eating dinner in the restaurant. Soon after starting our meal two members of staff started moving tables and chairs around with no apology for the disturbance. Food was restaurant prices but no ambience and my husband's lamb was not the best - breakfast OK but have had much better.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the Priory Inn for one night on a Sunday evening. The room was comfortable and the bed was huge. Although the bathroom was a little on the small side it was good for us and plenty of hot water for baths. We booked the dinner, bed and breakfast option, which was great value. Dinner was absolutley superb - I had the beef wellington and my partner had the chicken. We were tempted to have the pizza when we saw the wood oven but instead went for garlic bread so we could sample a different main. We had to sign the bill for it to be charged to our room and can confirm that booking the dinner option is real value for money.

Breakfast was one of the best I have had in a very long time and I wish there were places near us that offered only locally sourced produce!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Wales
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stopped in Tetbury for a light lunch while travelling through the Cotswolds.
The Priory does lack atmosphere, however the food was very good and the staff very welcoming.
Service was quick and efficient and the quality and portion size of the food was excellent.
I would not hesitate to return on my, next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tetbury
Snooty Fox Hotel
Calcot Manor
Calcot Manor
#1 of 1 in Calcot
Best Western Mayfield House Hotel

Been to The Priory Inn? Share your experiences!