“No drop in standards” 5 of 5 bubbles

Greeting - relaxed and efficient
Rooms. - clean and tidy
Food. - inspiring and plentiful
Beer. - just as I like it
Champagne - outstanding ( just how she likes it )
Staff. - helpful and accommodating
Stay. - Wonderful and relaxing
Return - Definitely

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BIDDYandTESS
ManagerSnootyFox, General Manager at Snooty Fox Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. It sounds like we delivered exactly what you wanted. My team and I were delighted to read your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon for a short break.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Tetbury
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Some staff here need to show some basic manners if they wish to work in the hotel industry. "Please", "Thank you" and "Sorry" are pretty basic but seem to have been missed out from one of the bar mans training (the younger, more fuller shaped one - he's pretty unfriendly).......!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Wessex K
ManagerSnootyFox, General Manager at Snooty Fox Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
As you are a local customer, I wondered if perhaps you might like to give me a call, or come in for a coffee, in order that I might be able to talk directly to you regarding your comments. As always, I’m always available for any feedback from our guests and relish any opportunity to improve our business. I very much look forward to hearing from you.
Brentwood Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I'm not telling you which room we had because I want it to be free when we go back! It was big and comfortable, and had a powerful spa bath.

Mark, the General Manager, must have noted at booking time that it was our Pearl Anniversary. He sent a bottle of good champagne on ice up to our room.

The food is great and the staff all seem happy. You can't beat that!

Room Tip: Talk to Mark.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I’d like to thank you for your very kind comments. I’m absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and it truly is my absolute pleasure to look after you. I very much look forward to seeing you here again.
Perth, Western Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We haven't stayed at this hotel but have called in for a drink on a couple of occasions. It is an interesting old building and is very cosy inside. It is right in the centre of Tetbury township, directly opposite the old market place. Not sure if it would be noisy staying there are it is on the intersection of four roads, but it is worth a visit for a drink or a meal. You would need to check reviews from people who have slept there.

Thank you for leaving feedback regarding the Snooty Fox. I’m delighted that you found us to be cozy and worth a return visit. With regards to staying here, I do understand the concern of the road, but aside from the rush hour there’s not a time when traffic noise intrudes to a point of nuisance. All rooms have secondary glazing, which does exclude all exterior noise in the cooler months. You’re quite right about anybody researching via tripadvisor to look at other guest comments. Aside from the clock annoying someone once, I don’t recall many comments regarding traffic.

I do hope that we’ll see you again, and hopefully for an overnight stay. I’d be delighted to take the booking and ensure your stay was just as relaxing as your visits to our bar.

Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Snooty is a perfect country inn in a charming Cotswold town, and nicely central. The hotel staff is more than helpful and friendly. The rooms are charming, and the superior doubles have beds that rival the BIg Bed of Ware. Breakfasts are hearty. A great place to stay if you are visiting this area

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind words. My staff and I are always delighted when guests acknowledge that they’re had a great stay. It really does give us an awful lot of pleasure to know that we’ve achieved our goals in making it such a lovely experience for you. I do very much look forward to seeing you again.
West Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here last week on a family recomendation and throughly enjoyed it. The location, the food the service, everything was of a high standard. Excellent location for exploring the Cotswolds. Staff were pleasant and the place was extreamly clean. My lack of one more star is only down to the fact that we booked a superior room which was large tastefully decorated and very clean. My only gripe was that although quite clearly these rooms are advertised with a whirlpool bath it doesn't mention that there isn't a shower which to be honest I always prefer in hotels. There was a mixer tap over the bath but no shower screen or hook to establish the fundimentals of a shower, and the bath for a 6ft plus person would mean you sitting upright with the bath water running round you (don't expect jacuzzi bubbles its a whirlpool bath not a jacuzzi). however this was overcome by the other half of the team assisting and so order was partially restored. Also to note that like so many places around the cotswolds there is no dedicated parking for the hotel, so its find a space just down the road in the sqaure where you can park for aslong as you like. I have also been informed you can park down side streets near the hotel without too much bother but this is untested. Other than the above I would still highly recommend a short break here and the food I must mention again as this was as good as any you would find in 4-5 star hotels.

Room Tip: Room 7 is large with a lower lounge floor and three step steps up to bathroom and bed area. Overlook...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your stay. Whilst the vast majority of our rooms have stand up showers and screens, there are two that have feature baths, which both have occasional shower heads for hair rinsing. As no two rooms are the same, we are always delighted to find exactly the right room for you when you book direct with us. You’re quite correct in mentioning that we don’t have a car park, but there is a lot of space on road and in the pay and display car parks. The best option is always to pull up in front of the hotel to load and unload and then we’ll give instruction on how to get to all the spaces. Having run the Snooty Fox for ten years, I have failed to find a free space only once. I’m also unaware of any car crime in the locality, in my tenure here. I do very much look forward to seeing back here at the ‘Snooty Fox’
west yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

spent 2 nights at the snooty over the period of a week on our way down and back from Cornwall and can honestly say it just gets better . George is adorable , Mark & Richard are stars and all the staff are wonderful. Weller our Patterdale terrier just loves it there and even got his own sausage for breakfast . As always we will be back !!!!! Big thank you for keeping the surprise from my parents

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the comments. You know that we absolutely love it when you and the family are here. It’s always a delight looking after you, and of course, seeing Weller too. We’ll see you all soon, and thank you once again for leaving feedback.
Marc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tetbury
The Hare and Hounds Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,066 reviews
Calcot Manor
Calcot Manor
#1 of 1 in Calcot

Been to Snooty Fox Hotel? Share your experiences!