Oak House No1
  • Breakfast included
Calcot Manor(Calcot)
The Priory(Horsley)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsblack puddingafternoon teafantastic hostsb binterior designstunning dining roomfront of the housetravelled extensivelybreakfast servedfour poster bedhrh prince charlesonly stayed one nighthigh teasandwichescouple of nightsgarycavalier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Absolutely stunning! The best B & B we have ever stayed in and Nicola and Gary are the perfect hosts making you feel at home straight away. We went there for our Anniversary and couldn't have been more thrilled with what we found. A real gem of a 'get away from it all' destination. Everywhere is beautifully decorated in an eclectic style with fabulous chandeliers and loads of artwork. Eating breakfast in their sumptuous Dining Room made us feel totally spoilt. Nicola and Gary are warm and friendly people and by the time you leave feel as though you have known them for years.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a quiet weekend relaxing from life's stresses. it is a beautiful house, with amazing furniture and art. Breakfast was a delight. The hosts are lovely and interesting people who cannot do enough to make your stay perfect. We had a wonderful afternoon tea and on the day of departure, breakfast at 6.15am - beyond the call of duty.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beuatiful
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a fantastic B&B which I highly recommend. I stayed here with my wife and two children in a suite with two bedrooms and a bathroom. This was a perfect setup for the four of us. My kids are well behaved, and there was nobody else staying there at the time, so I wasn't worried about annoying other guests. But the inn is cluttered with a lot of expensive looking artwork and furniture, so that's something to consider if coming with kids.

The rooms were spotlessly clean and the food served was excellent. The decor is loud and eccentric. My 8 year old daughter asked me why there were so many "balls" on display. I didn't understand what she was talking about until she pointed to a statue of a naked man in the garden. If you are easily offended or you are looking for a place with traditional decor, then you probably won't like it.

Nicola and Gary are interesting people, and they were very friendly and helpful. The town of Tetbury is nice and this inn is right in the middle of it. The only negative about this place is that it is adjacent to a public parking lot. I didn't hear any noise from the parking lot, but our bedroom was on the garden side. The town shuts down pretty early, so I don't think noise is probably ever a problem, but the view out the front of the building is not great.

Overall this place is top-notch: Super clean, excellent food, unique decor, and friendly hosts.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed 3 nights mid week at Oak House No 1 on a recommendation from here in Australia. I was not disappointed ! What a fabulous home, town and welcoming I got from the hosts, Gary and Nicola. It was really comfortable, easy, warm and nothing was too much trouble. Tetbury is a fabulous town and central for drives and touring the countryside. Gorgeous bed and a bathroom and shower to die for. They have great stories to tell and recommendations as to what to do and where to go; it had been 40 years since I was over that way. The room, decor, art, garden, breakfasts and position of this wonderful BnB worked for me. I fully recommend you stay ! and hope to be
back one day........

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We booked Oak House No1 as a base for a short break whilst we visited Tetbury and Cheltenham. Cannot fault the warm welcome and sumptuous facilities provided by Gary and Nicky who went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable - we left feeling like we had known them for years, and will definitely return as soon as we can. Highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple