“Special, wonderful, delicious -- A Tetbury Treat”
Review of Number Sixty Five

Number Sixty Five
Ranked #13 of 33 Restaurants in Tetbury
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Special, wonderful, delicious -- A Tetbury Treat”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I don’t know if I’ve ever used the term “magical” to describe a dining experience, but our visit to Number Sixty Five was certainly that. It was my husband’s birthday during a visit to Tetbury, so we wanted a slightly more special place to eat and unwind after a day of touring. Unfortunately the first place we went to for dinner turned out to be crowded and loud, not exactly the relaxed atmosphere we were looking for. After a quick search on TripAdvisor, we set off with a list of alternatives and luckily stumbled into Number Sixty Five.

The variety of food available was excellent; vegetarian options are rather thin on the ground in Tetbury, but my husband gave this an enthusiastic thumb’s up. Omnivores will have no problem finding something they like, and everything is prepared to perfection. The £28 menu includes a starter, main, and dessert, plus some small extras. As we were visiting over Easter, it was lovely to be given homemade chocolate rabbits and small chocolate eggs with our post-dinner tea.

We were the only guests during the evening, so we were able to have a leisurely meal and chat with Angela and Phil. They are both incredibly kind and made us feel very welcome, and we enjoyed learning a bit more about the history of Tetbury as well. Overall, I cannot recommend Number Sixty Five too highly.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank aMissElaineous

New York City, New York
“pleasant surprise”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Amazing breakfasts... and it turned out that one of my ancestors owned the place when it was the Plough!

Visited April 2011
1 Thank kenneth m
Wiltshire, UK
“Fantastic Place ideal for couples for a special occasion”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I booked in for a romantic meal on Valentines Night with my husband and we were thoroughly spoilt! There was a special menu for the evening which was well thought out and catered for all, (I dont eat red meat)
Angela greeted us warmly and we could choose where to sit. It is a small restaurant and it felt intimate and special. Our choices of starter and main taken, we were then surprised to be presented with a little plate each of delicious hot canapes to munch along with our very nice wine.
The food, beautifully cooked by Phillip was devine! So flavoursome and just the right amount, the large separate plate of veges had just the right amount of crunch not bleached and soggy as you would have to endure elsewhere!
And the desert.... wow! I had an amazing choc torte accomanied by cream and fresh red berries, to, die, for... and my husband had Eton mess, neither of us could spare a spoonful for the other, even on valentines night!
Coffee or tea and little chocs finished a most delightful evening with both Angela and Phillip as very attentive hosts.
Bravo!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Kiwi-Girlie
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Simply superb”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This is a gem of a place, run out of what looks like someone's front room. On a cold day, the log fire roars away.

Their website is terrible, so I'll tell you how it works. They basically have a seasonal set menu that you can choose from. It's currently £28 and for that price, you get canapes, starter, main course, lots of veggies on the side, dessert, tea/coffee and chocolates.

The hostess is attentive, friendly and knows lots about the food. 90% of the ingredients are promised as being sourced within a 30 mile radius, so you get yummy local goodness like damson jam with your duck, fresh soup and a truckload of tasty veggies that you can help yourself to...you definitely won't go away hungry! The desserts are just as wonderful - I had brown bread ice cream which was scrummy and reflects the fun nature of some items on the menu. The food was of a consistently high standard. It was all followed up with coffee and chocolates, after which we rolled out of the door and home, which was fortunately just up the street for the night!

I can't fault the food at all...the interior could do with a spruce up, but is still very homely.

A must-visit if you're in Tetbury!

Visited January 2012
2 Thank Marnova
Leven , Beverley , UK
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Stayed in Tetbury for 3 nights. Ate at this restaurant for two of them. Warm welcome, good food, reasonably priced. Can't say any more ! Go !

• Visited November 2011