“Something changed..”

Add it.
Meme Art Bar Cafe
Ranked #115 of 193 Restaurants in Stroud
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

Not sure what has happened here, but very sad to experience a very empty cafe this afternoon. Ordered coffee and cake. Coffee was fine, ok but not outstanding. Cake was a dry and heavy, perhaps yesterday’s cake? A real shame as I used to recommend this place to friends. It has lost it’s spark. Hopefully it’ll get it back...

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 19, 2018

I went into meme for a piece of cake and a coffee the other day and was very disappointed. The cake was dry, the coffee was very bitter and extremely overpriced for what it was. The staff were also quite rude. Working in a successful Stroud cafe myself I could've understood the attitude of the staff if they were having a busy day, but the place was dead. Not good.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed February 7, 2018

Sorry I rated it this way but I had made arrangements to have lunch with my Daughter who suggested Meme, I checked Saturday opening times on the internet (10am - 1am) but at 12.30pm the metal shutters were down.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank Bryan M
Reviewed May 20, 2017

I have been here several times for a late breakfast as the food is simple but perfectly cooked. I usually have the poached eggs on toast with avocado and it's utterly delicious. I order this regularly in different restaurants whenever I see it on a menu but too often it ends up a disappointment with rubbery eggs and a small dollop of avocado; how they do it in Meme is is how it should be done everywhere; perfectly poached eggs, with a generous amount of avocado and the mushrooms are also heavenly. The coffee is great and the staff are friendly and professional. I regularly eat lunches out and keep coming back here as it has become my favourite place; the short menu means that everything is fresh and perfectly cooked; they have water and newspapers on the side and great coffee. I recently went on a Friday evening for cocktails and it was a blast, they were superb and the atmosphere is great. Stroud has needed a place like this which is not only independent but also genuinely individual. Well done to the owners for creating something unique. I just hope they start to do evening food too at some point.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank acefood1
Reviewed April 8, 2017 via mobile

The coffee here is good, in that the beans are great. However the machine wrangler is not yet very skilled at getting the milk texture correct and not really focused on the task. This means that while the atmosphere has a busy vibe it turns to frustration and slow speed for the customers. We very much enjoyed our complimentary cake as a sop to the speed but really less faffing and more doing would be good.
Trust your product, don't panic and we'll be back

Date of visit: April 2017