Premier Inn Stroud Hotel
$227
$203
$139
Travelocity
Hatton Court Hotel(Upton St Leonards)
$89
$109
$98
$120
$86
All reviewsbrewers fayrestratford parklovely parkall you can eatleisure centretown centrefamily roommeal dealno liftlisted buildingreception staffnight's sleepwe've stayedcomfy bedshort staywould stay againthe pub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at the Premier Inn in Stroud the night before my Stroud Half Marathon. I finished better time than I had anticipated. It must be the good night sleep and wonderful breakfast. Thanks a lot !!

I have been doing the annual Stroud Half Marathon for the past 7 years and have been staying at the Premier Inn in the last 4 years. It is walking distance to the start line.

The room is clean and the temperature is right. The restaurant is comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank 7729Rowing
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very friendly staff are always smiling.
Room was very large and tv was so far away from the bed it was hard to see. There are also no heat controls for the room but temperature was comfortable.
Very good service compared to other premier inns.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tonyp543212003
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We booked on the day after deciding to stay in the area an extra night. We paid £67 for the room which was very dark. We had only one set of towels for two of us. At 2.25am we were woken by someone climbing the creaky stairs and opening the door outside our room 14. This happened again before 5am. The receptionist on arrival very welcoming.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Pleasant stay, very welcoming, accommodation was excellent. Did not appreciate smokers standing at the entrances. Smell travelled up to second floor. Room facing front of hotel was a little noisy with traffic. Very central location for walking in the Cotswolds. Village itself a little disappointing. Did not like the main shopping area.

Room Tip: There was no public elevator available we had to carry our luggage up several flights of stairs so someone with difficulty walking would have a hard time. I did not inquire to see if there was someone available to help. The volume on the television was quite low and anyone with hearing difficulties would have a problem with this. Not much to do in the evening in Stroud.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Chose Prem Inn again as they have excellent beds and clean bathrooms. Staff are good at their jobs and make you very welcome.
We were a large group I booked three family rooms and there were two more rooms taken by our group.
We were offered the meal deal, it's worth it and the food was good when it came and that was the problem the wait went on for ever. This is a Brewers Fayre and you have to order at the bar. Now that's not a problem but on the meal deal I had to give each persons order separately, starter, main, drink then start again. The starter appeared after while but then there was a long, very long wait and two reminders to the waitress for the mains. Some on my table hadn't ordered starters and to be honest by the time the mains appeared, 55 mins later, they were asleep. The food was hot and fresh so it hadn't been left under a hot lamp it just hadn't been cooked. The sweets arrived fairly quickly as we ordered them before finishing the mains, you learn quickly. We arrived in the resturant at 20:05 and left at 22:05.

This will not put me off Prem Inns, maybe just those those that don't have a Beefeater next door, or am I just expecting too much?
The hotel service was excellent, well done Louise. The resturant for dinner was the problem. Breakfast service was very good.

Room Tip: Room on ground floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family