Premier Inn Stroud Hotel
The Painswick(Painswick)
Stonehouse Court(Stonehouse)
The Priory(Horsley)
  • Restaurant
Hatton Court Hotel(Upton St Leonards)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsbrewers fayrestratford parklovely parkall you can eatleisure centretown centrefamily roommeal dealno liftlisted buildingreception staffnight's sleepwe've stayedcomfy bedshort staywould stay againthe pub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stayed for only one night, but definitely formed the opinion that this is the nicest Premier Inn we've stayed at, and we've stayed at quite a few.

This particular hotel, I would think has been purchased from another chain rather than being purpose built for Premier Inns. It has large rooms, a great restaurant and bar and exudes character. Lovely. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Simsy1951
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This is not a newly built premier inn but one that is above a pub (The Nelson) and has been adapted. That said it is in a quiet location opposite a lovely park with a duck pond.

Good points: The room was large, clean and well presented. The staff are very good and very friendly (Claire). They were hard working and always had a smile on their faces even when busy. Loads of parking. Short walk to Stroud city centre.
The food in the pub was lovely and well cooked. A nice selection of beers too.

Bad points. As we stayed in a family room we were facing out onto the front of the pub (but above it). There is no double glazing and it can get noisy when there are a group of people outside. Also I was woken at 5am in the morning by a load of drunks shouting abuse at each other around the duck pond. The following morning I was woken at 6am by the fire alarm! We left via the fire route and were then told it was just one of those things and we could go back to bed if we wanted! Although the manager was far more helpful and apologetic and very professional when we mentioned it later (Richard).
There is also a really strong smell outside the room of fried onions which after a couple of days made me want to gag! This I believe is from the extractor fans in the kitchen.
Breakfast was well cooked but would be better as a buffet as it takes too long to have your order taken and then the food to be cooked and brought to your table.

Despite my negatives they did not spoil my stay as the staff were great fun and so lovely. They are are an asset to this company.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed here for two nights as we were going to a wedding in the local area. My parents who are in there 70's had a standard room and my husband and I who have a 5 month old baby had a family room. The rooms are what you would expect from a budget hotel - basic but clean and functional. Our family room was more spacious than I was expecting which was a positive. The hotel had provided a cot bed (one of the playpen style ones which was modern and clean) as well as some extra sheets/a few nappy bags and a smaller pull out bed on the floor which we didnt actually need but would be useful for a family with an older child. The bathroom didn't have any natural light but again was clean and quite spacious and the shower was a decent Mira shower. The brewers fayre pub/restaurant is attached to the hotel and we had dinner and lunch in here and both times it was again what you would expect, a good selection on the menu of typical pub grub food and was actually really nice. Compared to the cost of breakfast in some hotels the price for a full cooked breakfast was very reasonable. The car park for the hotel is at the back of the building and there was plenty of space and no additional charge for this. You are right next door to a large Tesco's which was handy for us for some bits and bobs for our little girl and across the road is a really lovely park with a duck pond, lovely old mansion in the grounds, putting green, bowling green, tennis courts, children's play area, and a leisure centre at the top and it all was really well looked after and well used. It was nice having some green space so close to the hotel given alot of budget hotels are quite often just off the motorway. I think what made it for us though was the staff. I think some budget hotels can be pretty souless but every member of staff we encounted from reception, to waiting staff and cleaning staff were really friendly and chatty. We asked for a few things like a highchair to be delivered and it was there in our room within minutes. I felt like we were noticed as individual guests and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The only minor thing we noticed was there was some outside noise as people left the restaurant/pub around 11/11.30pm. There wasn't any loud music or anything like that it was more just people talking loudly as they came out and our room (no 26) was right over the front so bound to be prone to that. My parents room overlooked the car park and they did get some noice from cars/bikes being ridden around the tesco car park after hours. My Mum mentioned this to the receptionist and she called the Tesco manager about this. This is a problem they are aware of and are working on but in truth neither noise was unbearably loud or enough of an issue to ruin the stay in anyway. Would definitely go back and stay here again if we had a need to be in the area again. Price wise it was really good. Given we were there on the Sunday/Monday of a Bank Holiday weekend, for a standard room and a family room, for two nights it total came to £216 which I thought was really reasonable. This was booked via their website well in advance of the trip. Oh and one last thing it is only a low building so only one floor (I think) but there is no lift so you need to be ok with a few flights of stairs.

1  Thank LisaJ087
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I went to stay in storud for a wedding on the 19th of August, with my boyfriends family. At the start the hotel seemed alright, but not brillliant. When we checked in i noticed the carpet at reception is worn out , faded and dirty. Before we went to our rooms, the receponist had to check the rooms was clean, i wasn't impressed. No one took us to our rooms. Trolley carts left in hallways which are narrow as it is to get through let alone with that in the way. As i went in the room, me and my boyfriends sister didn't notice anythink to wrong to start with, as we got in, got ready for the wedding and went within an hour. It was when we came back that evening, i noticed things. Im absolutley disgusted with fact there was toe nails on my side of the bed, no air condition, just a noisey fan, holes and stains in sheets, which are apparently aloud and are standard hotel policy, not proper duvet covers, beds not made properly, not enough condiments, why is the toilet roll holder that far away from the toilet u have to stretch over for it, shower switch broken n fell off when turnig on and off, wash despencers are hard to push and don't let out much shower gel, so you got keep pushing the despencer, poor grouting and tilling, dirty taps and sink hole. That was room 24, When we went for breakfast next morning I had yet more problems, the waiter was just anoying, came over lots but to close together coming back, my fry up was nice, but my egg wasn't cooked, when i asked for another it came back as a fried egg not poached, breakfast shoud be included with room price not on top, internet is not free, when i complain and took someone to my room, she didn't beleive it was unclean, in said she could change rooms, but i explained 3 times, we didn't notice things casue me n bf's sister were busy getting ready for the wedding. So by thetime we did noticed it too late to change the rooms we did get a refund for the room, far to expensie for 1 night. Ive stayed in travel inn in london for 4 days and 5 nights for the same price you charged for 2 rooms for 1 night. Everythink was 10 times better then yours. Will not be staying here again. Just felt dirty and uncomfortable. sorry but this cannot be shortened to 50 characters minimum.

Room Tip: check rooms at the start, chefs need traing on cooking and timing,
2  Thank Anna1987_11
Premier_Inn, Social Media at Premier Inn Stroud Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments has been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Excellent greeting at reception. All staff helpfull and cheery.
Bright and clean bathroom but small and dark bedroom. Bedside lights so dim as to make reading impossible.
Room decor an eclectic mix of decades, starting with 70's.
Dining area stunk of frying food.
Breakfast was buffet style with a good selection of foods to choose from. Cooked breakfasts to order.
As we only paid £29 for the room we didn't ask to be moved, but if we had paid more I would have asked to see another room.

Room Tip: There are several extensions to the hotel, so some rooms may be bigger than others.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple