“Lovely Boxing Day Brunch!”

The Bell at Selsley
Ranked #25 of 194 Restaurants in Stroud
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2018

What a treat to discover......Mark and Sarah have created a truly heartwarming inn for Stroud! I had French toast (eggy bread) topped with bacon (and I added poached eggs on to) with maple syrup and it was yummy! My son had the local sausages and mash and peas and he gobbled it down - that says something! I had a superb coffee with the plums poached in red wine with vanilla parfait......well, again, superb. The glass of Tatty champagne made this a very special meal indeed. Thank you Sarah! Spread the word: this is a gem for Stroud foodies! The staff (Justyna GM) were incredible.....brought us a pot of the best gravy ever for my son, and wrapped me up some unreal good mince pies to take home! Love it.

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed December 23, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a rare day off without children so we decided to walk to The Bell for lunch. They had plenty of choice on the lunch menu and the portions were a good size. The food and the service were both excellent and we will certainly return (hopefully) in the future.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

8 of us dined on a busy Saturday night nice buzzing atmosphere with diners and people just having a drink at the bar .The food was ok I had the burger at £14.50 along with 3 other members of the party .The burger was very tasty but crumbled apart when cut quite dry an possibly over cooked and the brioche bun top was well hard and not that nice .Also a very small quantity of fries supplied .All 4 burgers were the same so maybe that’s is the way they are !! A steak was ordered well done but came more rare .I think that for what you get it is a very expensive dining experience.I must admit the staff were fantastic and very attentive with a good sense of humour we never raised any issues with the staff as we were with people who we had not seen for 4years and did not want to cause an issue .Would I go back I-am not sure you can get better value else where Ido not mind paying good money if you get what you pay for in this instance it was just lacking !

Reviewed November 25, 2018 via mobile

Spent a weekend less than a mile from The Bell as we were visiting friends in the area.
Visited The Bell on the Friday evening just for drinks and had a great night sat at the bar, lovely roaring log fire keeping us warm. Huge selection of local drinks which the staff were super keen to tell us about - they really know their stuff here! We tried all sorts of local ales, gins and whiskies. Booked a table for dinner for the following night before we left.
Saturday evening was time for food and what a meal we had! Again, lots of emphasis on local and in-season ingredients and produce. Very knowledgeable staff took the time to explain dishes, specials etc.
Dinner was absolutely delicious and service was first class.

Special thanks to Jake & Justina who made both our visits really very special indeed.

Great pub. Super cosy and warm and inviting. Great food and genuine, warm friendly staff who go the extra mile.

Would definitely visit again when next in the area.

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here and there was plenty of variety on the menu for everyone in our group to choose from. The food was beautifully presented and delicious!!
and the quantities were fine too. The leek and Stilton risotto starter was full of flavour and the tenderloin of pork was delicious! The service was excellent too.