The Imperial Hotel
Travelodge
Burleigh Court Hotel(Minchinhampton)
$227
$203
Premier Inn Stroud Hotel(Stroud)(Great Value!)
$106
PremierInn.com
$139
Travelocity
Hatton Court Hotel(Upton St Leonards)
$89
$109
$98
The Painswick(Painswick)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthai restauranttrain stationfull english breakfastcentral locationgood nights sleepbirthday partytea and coffeetwo nightsstayed here for one nightno liftexcellent breakfastcomfortable roomtown centrewarm welcomebar arearadiatorvenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed here on business and got a great online rate. Had a very spacious room on the first floor which was clean and simply furnished. Breakfast was plentiful and of a decent quality. I travelled by train so the hotel was ideally located right out side the station. As others have said, this is a budget hotel - for what you pay, it's great value

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Maltonian1
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Check In
Arrived at the hotel a little early at 12.30. No one was at reception but then a polite young man appeared from nowhere to check me in. I had booked a single room inc. breakfast but was told to take a seat as he needed to check the room was ready as I was a little early. A few minutes later he was back to advise me that he had upgraded me to a double and he escorted me personally to my room, which is a rarity these days.

The Room
I had stayed at this hotel previously about 12 years ago and I was aware that I wasn't checking into Claridges so I was keeping my expectations realistic. I was pleasantly surprised at the room I was given. It was large, airy and spotless. Bed was very soft, which I like, and the bedding was crisp and clean. The bathroom was also very fresh and looked as though had had a makeover recently. I did have some minor grumbles. There were only two beside lamps and so in the evening the room was quite dim, especially where the dressing table was. I tried to move one of the lamps over to that corner but could not plug it in as the prongs on the plug were rounded so could only be used next to the bed. The toliet cistern was constantly trickling water but with bathroom door closed not really a problem. Central heating a little noisy through the night, but it is an older hotel. I did have a problem with locking the door when I first went out. I called reception and a young lady was up in a minute to show me how.

Public Areas
The bar at the hotel is called the Coach Yard Bar and they have nicely stacked, very long bar. The are a few plush olde-world leather sofas in one corner near the main entrance door. However, most of the downstairs area is taken up by the Thai Orchid Restaurant which the owners of the hotel also run and there is no clear distinction between the two areas and seem to blend into one. There also seems to be a large function room where they were serving a Buffett dinner the night I was there. I didn't eat the the Thai restaurant but it seemed to be very popular as there were lots of customers. There are no lifts in this hotel and quite a few stairs so if you have mobility issues I would make sure you ask for room on first floor when checking in.

Breakfast
Breakfast on a Sunday was from 8-10am. There is a continental buffet with the usual suspects. Tea, coffee, cereals, juices, jams and pastries that you help yourself to. A waiter came and asked if I wanted a full English to which I said yes. I was not asked what items I would like or how the eggs should be cooked. Not a problem as I am not fussy. I got an egg (over easy), rasher of bacon, beans, grilled tomato, hash brown, mushrooms & two small sausages. Whilst not the best full English was very tasty and hot.

Summary
For the price I paid the hotel was excellent value. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice clean and comfortable room. When you get the basics right you can forgive the little niggles.

Sent from my iPad=

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank patch64
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We (Stroud Hockey Club 2ndX1) attended on Saturday evening of 8th December. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff made us feel important and couldn't do enough for us, the meal was superb and everyone enjoyed the atmosphere and presentation of the restaurant. For the 15 of us that attended the cost was superb. This restaurant is a breath of fresh air for Stroud and highly recommended. Thankyou all Craig Breddy (on behalf of Stroud 2nd X1)

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank CraigBreddy
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is very good value for money. For budget hotel prices you will get a hotel that is way above budget hotel standards. You will get a homely room with a lovely bathroom and a nice breakfast thrown in, and a good night's sleep. The rooms and bathrooms are immaculately clean and tidy, Dinner is a little bit more expensive in the Thai restaurant which is within the hotel building, but there are plenty of other places nearby, and I would nevertheless recommend treating yourself after saving on the room prices - the menu is wonderful and the food is delicious. The staff here are so warm and friendly that they will make you feel immediately very welcome in Stroud.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank lozxo
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed here for two nights whilst visiting Stroud. On arrival we were greeted by very polite staff and shown to our room. Pleasantly surprised after reading some of these reviews. Large room and spacious en-suite, both of which were very clean.
On the friday we dined in the in house Thai restaurant which was superb. Both food and staff. Breakfast was good with a selection of fruit and yoghurt along with a full english..the tea and coffee would be better not pre made though.
It would of been nice to have an all day light snack menu available as there was no food available and we had to nip out but good choice of local eateries!
This hotel is very central and therefore if you are looking for a quiet country location then you will need to stay elsewhere. Would we stay again.. Yes most definitley.

• Stayed: July 2012