“Good pub food”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Good pub food well cooked, dog friendly. Nice efficient staff.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I visited this pub with a friend from Warminster and her family who were staying in the area last November and the food and service were first class.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Visited The Ram last Saturday (26th May 2012).
It was a glorious day and myself and my partner sat outside with wonderful views over the Stroud valley. I have been there many times over the years both with my family and friends for meals and just for drinks, and generally have found it to be pretty good, but this time I noticed immediately that there was much less choice on the menu, still, never mind I thought, and I ordered a lasagne, my partner ordered a curry. The food arrived pretty quickly, mine looked fine, my partners curry was pretty small, but never mind, he said it tasted fine. I was eating mine when I looked down and saw what I thought was ice (I assumed it hadn't been heated all the way through), however on closer inspection it turned out to be a largish very sharp piece of GLASS!!! I went inside to complain (although I didn't want to make a fuss as we'd been having such a nice time until then) and the landlord looked at it and said it was nothing to do with them as there was nothing made of glass in his kitchen as if he was somehow blaming me! He then said (as if he was doing me a massive favour) that he would replace it free of charge!!!!!
He brought a fresh one out and then relented slightly and said it was plastic (no it wasn't) from the food processor jug, put his arm round me and said he hoped it hadn't spoiled my meal! I couldn't eat it, so my partner (who was still starving due to the smallness of his meal) ate it. Funny thing though...we ordered eton mess for pudding and it came out of the kitchen in....you've guessed it...glasses, even though he doesn't have anything glass in the kitchen apparently! I would have been fine if he had been nicer about it and not implied that I had put the glass in my meal, but as it is, never again.

4  Thank emma g
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I have been a visitor to The Ram for over 40 years and have seen it's ups and downs. Sadly, at present it is in a trough. The beer is expensive and the food, once the best in the area, is now unimaginative, of poor quality (please lose the microwave) and small portions. Shame, I love this pub.

3  Thank Bonzo54
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We visited The Ram Inn for Mothers Day lunch with a group of 6 , including Mother in Law. Sunday lunch options were Lamb, Pork or Chicken. Disappointingly, the lamb had sold out so we had choice of chicken or pork. 3 of our group chose chicken, but when it arrived all we had was a chicken leg and no breast meat at all. When I asked the waitress about this, she begrudgingly brought out a small piece of pork to add to our plates, and offered us 'free dessert'. We all chose a dessert but when the waitress took our order she said that the offer was for 1 dessert only. I pointed out that 3 of us had had the chicken so surely we should at least have 3 desserts? At this point she tutted, rolled her eyes and trudged off to the kitchen. I emailed the Ram manager who promised he would look into why both the food and service were so bad on the day. He never got back to me, even after a chase up email. Shame because we had had some nice meals there in the past, but I wouldn't go back after being treated like that !!

3  Thank Helen G