“One of the best b&b ever!!!”
Review of Forwood Farm

Forwood Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stroud
Forwood Farm
Ranked #24 of 34 Stroud B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I have stayed 4 or 5 times now and have been meanng to write a review. It is definitely one of the best b&b places i have stayed in. Rose is a very friendly and helpful host - nothing seems too much trouble. Forwood farm is a beautiful Georgian stone farmhouse, restored with a slightly contemporary edge. Modern bathrooms. Feels like home, rather than accommodation. Breakfast is excellent. Lovely fruit salad. Yum cooked breakfast. Log burner lit on cold mornings - how welcoming is that. Nearby Ragged Cot good for food.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank MnsrMiel

Reviewed November 11, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in this picture perfect cottage where amazing attention to detail kept me pinching ideas for my own home. The room was lovely with an antique French feel. The bed was huge. Shower Fab. Views are very pretty. Breakfast was delicious and Rose the perfect host with her knowledge, tips and time. A thoroughly enjoyable stay. Def recommend especially if wanting to go waking

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights in October, on a short break with my aunt to celebrate her birthday. From the moment we arrived and were warmly welcomed and shown to our lovely, comfortable rooms we knew this was a true 'find'. The attention to detail, and the little extras like bathrobes, and books and maps made it a real home from home. The lounge was so comfortable, and with a roaring log fire it was a lovely place to sit on autumnal evenings.
The breakfasts were excellent, with a great choice of cereals, yoghurts and fresh fruit salad as well as cooked breakfast, toast and croissants. We certainly didn't need lunch!
The icing on the cake was Rose, who was so friendly and welcoming, and gave us lots of useful ideas and information about the surrounding area. We all felt this was one of the best places we have ever stayed. Thank you so much.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Forwood Farm is truly heavenly! Rose is an angel with an amazing eye for the decor and design of the home as well as the gardens and grounds surrounding the farm. As a solo traveler I needed a lot of guidance and information about the area and how to get around and Rose was always happy to help and take time for me. You truly feel like an honored guest in their home. The view is amazing and the countryside is simply breathtaking. I nearly gave up a previously booked room in a different city for the following day just so I could rest and enjoy Forwood Farm a little more, Rose kindly encouraged me that I can always return....and I will!

Room Tip: Stayed in an en-suite single which had a very modern bathroom, large bedroom with a chaise lounge an...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank CBinns
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I stayed at Forwood Farm with my mum who is 72 and my niece who is 12. I have read all the reviews and felt that it seemed ideal for a family holiday, and worth the extra money to ensure it was a fab holiday as I can only take my mum away once every couple of years.

When we first arrived we found that the landlady of the house was on holiday and that a lady called Diane was covering the week we were there. She was lovely, chatty and very knowledgable of the area. After reading the reviews, I was disappointed that we were told by Diane that the only area we could sit in outside was the front garden with a high wall around it so you could not see the stunning views when you were sitting down, and the outside table and chairs were very old and the mossaic on the table were all falling off and it looked really shoddy. I have to admit, I did not think this was a great start.

It is a lovely house and my mum had the double room with a walk in shower which was great, and myself and my niece had the twin room opposite. My biggest problem with the stay was that there was a couple in the room above us, and when anyone walked across the floor it was so noisy. It really was bad especially when they did not get back from the pub until 11.30pm and it woke myself and my niece up every night! The tV would then go on and we could hear this loudly as well. I totally understand that it is an old house, but I really do not expect that sort of noise when I am staying at such a top rated B&B. Breakfast was okay, not as good as I expected from the reviews, and the first morning my mum could not eat the sausage and bacon as it was so tough. We mentioned this to Diane and she apologised and said that she did not know what time we would be coming down for breakfast and that the couple who came after us had probably had a better breakfast, so it sounded as though some of the food had been pre-cooked some time before we came down.

I had to come down stairs and ask Diane for more toilet roll for myself and my mum as it was not replensihed and we were left with hardly any when we returned from a day out, and I had to keep replenishing my own tea/coffee facilities as they were not restocked at all in my room throughout our stay (I asked the second day for more milk and tea bags upon our return from a day out and after that when nothing changed I had to go down and help myself as I felt too awkward having to keep asking).

As I said before, the house is lovely in beautiful surroundings, and if everything had gone smoothly I would definiately have given an excellent rating, but I just feel that unfortunately we did not have such a wonderful experience as other people who have been there because the lady of the house was away.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Tracey S
PoppyseedsSouthwest, Owner at Forwood Farm, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

I am so sorry your stay was less than perfect. On looking at the diary I notice you actually were not put in the correct room for your stay and should have been on the same side of the house, then the overhead noise issue would not have occurred. Guests are usually aware that in a very old house you will get creaky floors and so are considerate to others. Diane always tries her upmost to please, but it was her first time of covering for me. It is possible to sit in other areas of the garden, but as one of the guests had mobility problems it was felt that the steps would maybe be too much. It is a 400 year old house with all the charm that goes with that - Old flagstones and old steps and uneven ground. I do hope that even with some of your issues you manage to enjoy the charm of Forwood.

Reviewed August 31, 2011

We were very fortunate to have found practily the most beautiful b&b we have ever been too. Although we were there for our friends wedding we couldn't wait to get back to the most lovely room and wake up to the most beautiful scenery. We will never forget our stay and will deffinately come again.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Many nice walks nearby. Would have worked well without a car.

• Stayed: July 2011