“Absolutely delicious”

Simpsons Fish and Chips
Ranked #5 of 16 Quick Bites in Stroud
Reviewed April 4, 2019

I popped in yesterday lunchtime, and I wasn't disappointed. I had the small cod, which was cooked freshly for me and chips with tartare sauce, which was served in a box, by a charming young lady, who will be off to University in October. In the course of our chat, she mentioned that on Monday evenings everything is gluten-free, having cleaned out all the fryers. They even offer a vegetarian option. I joking asked whether they did that Scottish favourite: fried Mars bar; the answer was no, but at Easter they do a fried Cadbury's cream egg! I might try that.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 26, 2019

Visited Simpsons in stroud for the first time yesterday. Have to say the chips was very nicely cooked and just the right amount of salt and vinegar. The gentleman cooking and serving was very polite. Like I said a good addition to the stroud food scene.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Excellent new shop from James, Bonnie and the team. Spotless and great food. Keep up the good work and the awards.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 27, 2019

This place makes me so happy. All of the food is clearly well sourced and you can just tell that a lot of thought goes into how everything is sourced and prepared. I have just discovered the to-fish which is delicious and you must try! A friend ordered me the curry sauce with it once - I thought I wouldn't like it but it was amazing! And they make this curry/katsu sauce fresh - and you can really tell.

Staff are always lovely even when the place is rammed.

Thank you Simpsons!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed February 8, 2019

Yes.... Cotswold hipsters would love this place.... The food was average, the wait was long, the portions were small and you get the distinct impression you are paying for the 'experience' rather than the meal. Big Fish on Nelson St wins every time

Date of visit: January 2019