“Genuinely caring hosts”
Review of Cross Keys Cottage

Cross Keys Cottage
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I arrived dripping wet and muddy having walked from Moreton in Marsh and Margaret was so concerned about me, and busy dealing with my wet socks & dirty shoes, she forgot to give me a front door key when I first checked in!
The location of this B&B is very convenient - just off the main market square in Stow (and across the road from the oldest pub).
I was in Room 3 - which has a separate private bathroom with shower and bath. There was also a wash stand in the room. Brand new bed was very comfortable.Tea & coffee making facilities, free & easy to use wifi internet, hairdryer. Nicely decorated.
Full english breakfast was lovely.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank KateE006

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Nice room, good location, attentive hosts. English breakfast could have done with baked beans though! Stow itself is lovely if you like art shops, tea rooms and antiques. There are nice walks in the vicinity and plenty of history.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We spent 3 nights in this charming b and b and thoroughly enjoyed it! Margaret and Roger are great hosts and very helpful. They let us take over the community living room one night for our dinner of wine and cheese. Breakfast was delightful and ample! We will go back!

Room Tip: If you want a king size bed be sure to ask for that particular room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in the room at the top, (not recommended for the elderly as there are many winding stairs) however we adored it there with lovely views over the garden.
Margaret could not have been more helpful when I lost my camera, checking around the district and phoning me a couple of times to see if I had located it.
The Breakfasts were fabulous and set us up for the day, I recommend it to all travellers as there is ample parking in the street, walking distance to restaurants and pubs and charming hosts.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our host was very timely with his email communication regarding reservations and other questions. We stayed two nights. Wonderful hospitality. Very gracious and helpful hosts with plenty of materials and resources about the Cotswolds. The best B&B breakfast of our stay in England. We stayed in the little room and the very top. Great locale for exploring around the village, shopping and catching the bus. The only disappointment was the pervasive cigarette smoke odor in the downstairs living room/breakfast area. Not good for those who are very sensitive.

Room Tip: Very narrow, steep stairway to the topmost room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2012

My sister and I stayed only one night, but it was memorable. The B&B is right in town. The hosts had to be two of the nicest we ever met. They were helpful by answering our travel questions (with a cup of tea) and had lots of material on hand to guide us on local walks and hikes along the Cotswold Way. The breakfast was great and they even accommodated my sister as she had to have a gluten-free menu. We stayed in the top floor room (Roger graciously insisted he carry our bags both up and down which made it an easy choice for us.) This en suite twin-beds room had original 1600's beams and it was cozy, quiet and comfortable, yet I felt that I had traveled back n time. Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Paul and Cynthy

The location can't be beat as it is in the center of town. Parking, which sometimes can be a problem when traveling, was no issue as there was ample unrestricted parking all along the street in front of Cross Keys Cottage. The exteroir is very attractive as well as the interior. The fire in the reception/eating area really made it all feel so cozy. The room, as was everyhing else, spotless and quaint with plenty of space. The breakfasts were delicious. My favorite aspect of staying at Cross Keys Cottage were Roger and Margaret as they were so warm, friendly, efficient, helpful, and interesting. I would highly recommend Cross Keys Cottage to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family