We stayed midweek on a Thursday in a £60 room. On arrival the village was appealing with lots of quaint shops/tea rooms/pubs. For the room, we couldn't have asked for more. It was charming and the decor was pretty with a modern bathroom - it all looked very clean with attention to detail (I also loved the slightly sloping floor, very authentic!). Bed very comfortable. There was cafetiere coffee and home made shortbread on arrival which was a nice touch!
We had a meal in the pub that evening, and the food wasn't bad, wasn't amazing - for the price I would have expected slightly more but it was good overall.
The breakfast was delicious with cereal or fruit to start and a cooked menu to choose from as well. Nice home made bread for the toast too.
Overall, I would recommend this pub as a place to stay for a night or two. I can't comment on food in other places in the area as we only stayed for one night but it might be worth trying elsewhere for comparison (price & quality) if you have time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are intending to stay overnight, there are five rooms to choose from, ranging from the stunning “Stag”, with a free standing bath in the bedroom, to the snug “Fallow”. All rooms have been recently re-furbished, blending ancient stone and woodwork, with contemporary style and sophistication.Some come back hoping to meet The White Hart Hotel’s non-paying guest, a friendly ghost whom the locals have nicknamed ‘George’. He sometimes manifests as a vertical white light after closing time in the bar, but only rarely appears as a figure – and then apparently for a reason. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Book Direct Rooms and Agoda so you can book your The White Hart Stow reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Hart Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- The White Hart Stow Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds