“Great hotel”

The Kings Arms Hotel
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had cottage no3 and we loved it! It was something a bit different with its little living area and the bedroom upstairs which meant it provided more space than just a bed in a room and it was immaculately clean too. The staff were friendly and helpful and we were more than happy with it.
The pub itself is nothing to hugely rave about but nothing to particularly complain about either, i just preferred one or two of the other pubs in the area. I wasn't wild about the food but perhaps I just picked badly... or they just aren't very good at salads! My partner really enjoyed what he had though and I have to say the chips were fantastic. Plus I did think the breakfast was rather good.
I would stay here again I'm sure of that and would recommend it - well I recommend getting a cottage if you can anyway as I can't comment on the rooms in the main part of the hotel

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sarah D
There are newer reviews for The Kings Arms Hotel

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The profile picure in Trip Advisor may be accurate but not for my room, in the Gods after climbing the usual 2 or 3 stairways to be challenged by a 'loft style' stair case, poorly lit (and no light on morning of departure!). Filthy and I do mean filthy rug on painted floor and a TV that in todays market could only be called miniscule. Hot water intermitent at 8am. Bed, Pillows and Sheets were good. No bottled water and very tired furniture. The 'cooling fan' was filthy with dust as were bedlamps. No welcome at breakfast and too busy resetting table to take my cooked order 10 minutes after sitting down. Reported all of above to two uninterested reception staff who were quite suited to let me depart without asking if my staff was OK. AVOID - there are much better places in Stow for £80 - Dinner at the Talbot 25yds away was Excellent!

Room Tip: Avoid Room 8
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank gilbertwales
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Visited The Kings Arms Hotel on a wet and windy day in June to be met with a warm and friendly atmosphere and staff who were friendly and very hospitable.

The food was excellent warm, the hotel was busy with people (visitors to the area and business meeting taking place over lunch) however we did not have to wait too long for our food and were not made to feel rushed.

Would like the opportunity to spend longer and hopefully stay overnight, I would recommend this establishment to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Fiona B
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I really enjoyed the food in this hotel, I could highly recommend it to everyone. Desert was great - I had a creme brulee!
The location of the hotel is also good and the hotel itself looks awesome. I only went there for a party, did not stay overnight but I saw rooms were really nice and cosy and I had a great time there.
Staff were really friendly and ever so helpful, I would definitely come back there for a short break too!
It is a 5 star hotel for me!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rina G
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The place is great, so is the food! I thought it will be more like a pub's food, but the presentation was great, so was the taste. For me it was good quality restaurant food, so highly recommend to have a meal there. Really enjoed the atmosphere and the service is brilliant, very attentive. Looking forward to go back there!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Blanka999
Reviewed June 18, 2013

On holiday and popped in here for a quick bite of lunch. We ordered a sandwich with chips and coffee. The coffee was served immediately but the wait for the sandwich took another 20 minutes. Coffee was by this time already finished and we had to ask 3 times where our food was. It eventually arrived in stale bread with tasteless cheese and runny red onion chutney. Chips were not fully cooked. When we told the waitress we were informed she would pass our comments to the chef. That was after charging us approx £13 in total. No apology given so we feel his was not good customer service . Won't be recommending this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank annie051
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Just enjoyed a two night stay at The Kings Arms. Stay was booked last minute and got a very good deal. Room was on the top floor up a rather steep staircase, probably no good for older people but for us it was worth the climb. Beautiful clean room with excellent small on-suite shower room and lovely views of the market square.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple