My husband and I were very much looking forward to spending our anniversary in one of the superior cottages attached to this hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Unfortunately, we did not have a superior experience.
Firstly, the standard of cleanliness in the rooms were not up to scratch. There were dirty stains and marks on the carpet and rug, large cobwebs and ill - fitting curtains. All in all, not what we were expecting for a rather expensive room.
Breakfast was also disappointing. The waiter dropped coffee on the table which wasn't a problem as accidents happen, however he just left it there and didn't bother to clean up. Also, my husband asked for sugar to put on his cornflakes, the waiter suggested that he scrape a sugar cube on it!
The location was lovely and the cottages, if refurbished, have the potential to be lovely. Unfortunately I feel that much greater care needs to be taken. The rooms are in my opinion, worth around £70 per night and not £130 as we were charged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kings Arms is a quirky raditional Country Inn offering a warm welcome with traditional English food, real ales and wines available both in the ground floor pub and 1st floor restaurant with views of the Market Square, whilst our cosy bedrooms and cottage rooms offer the perfect place to base yourself when exploring the beautiful countryside and local Cotswold attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your The Kings Arms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kings Arms Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- The Kings Arms Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds