All reviews oldest pub in england the pub lovely old pub feature room street parking superior room roll top bath lamb bar area lovely room old building lovely place birthday treat pudding nespresso machine stayed here for one night cooked breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago

Lovely setting, good service and great Sunday Lunch.

While visiting Stow for my husbands birthday celebrations we were joined by Storm Ciara. But that didn’t stop us looking for a good Sunday lunch to celebrate his day. The wonderful chap in the bookshop recommended the The Porch.

They have recently reopened after stage 1 of a refurbishment. The bar and restaurant were wonderfully comfortable, great ambiance, lovely original features and the staff were friendly and helpful.

The food was fabulous. We had the roast beef, which came cooked to perfection, and melted in the mouth. The portions were generous, I couldn’t finish it all. The sharing apple crumble finished our meal.

It was a delightful couple of hours. I am looking forward to seeing the newly refurbished feature rooms when they finish.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Booked the Porch House for a birthday dinner and we were not disappointed. There service was friendly and attentive and the menu varied, but predominantly British. We had a lovely meal and I would highly recommend a visit.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I booked this hotel online for a one night stop over on a business trip. It has just undergone a refurb. The main room I had was lovely I upgraded to a superior. The en-suite was very small and sitting on the loo would be a challenge if you are larger than an average person. In the morning I got up and no heating and no hot water. This was disappointing when I paid £135 for a room. I was surprised when I checked out that they did not offer me anything in compensation, they just said sorry.

Trip type: Traveled on business
JamesOHanlon, Manager at The Porch House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback, and we are sorry to hear that it wasn't a five star experience. The General Manager would very much like to discuss this further with you, if you could please contact him on gm@porch-house.co.uk it would be greatly appreciated. We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had such a lovely lunch. The pub has been beautifully restored and has a lovely cosy ambience. Food was delicious and service was really friendly - can't ask for much more really! Would really recommend a visit.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
JamesOHanlon, General Manager at The Porch House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad to hear that you loved the refurbishment and hope that you'll be back again soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Celebrating with friends this evening- loved the fresh smoked salmon starter and delicious butternut squash & goat’s cheese risotto. Rosé wine was light, could have been cooler. Appreciated the attentive service & welcoming atmosphere.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the food so much and have taken your feedback onboard. We hope that you will consider staying with us in the future!