Tripadvisor
Stow-on-the-Wold
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews oldest pub in england the pub lovely old pub feature room street parking superior room roll top bath lamb bar area lovely room old building lovely place birthday treat pudding nespresso machine stayed here for one night sunday lunch
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited my favourite place to eat in stow on the wold today of course the porch house!! Always great service and the food never disappoints. Lovely 3 course meal starting with the salmon one of my favourite starters, then a melt in your mouth beef roast dinner followed by chocolate delice dessert. Really enjoyed my visit today will 100% be dinning again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have just been back to one of our favourite pubs , We have been visiting this pub since it opened , but we were so disappointed!!
3.00pm , no fires on , glasses left on tables , Christmas advert still up , asked for a brandy and dry ginger ( ginger ale ) did nt know what I was talking about , then put a brandy and lemonade in a half pint tumbler so you could nt taste the brandy .
Kitchen porter walking through the bar with a tea towel hanging out of his trousers ( obviously end of shift) .
Very sad to see , it used to have such ambience and character and you need to put it back . A simple fix !!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A truly warm British welcome made up for the dull weather. Wonderful atmosphere, friendly helpful service, delicious food. I will be back ‚for more‘ and I will recommend the Porch House to my friends.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Best dinner we had the entire trip. The cocktails were extraordinary; the staff was beyond exceptional and the overall experience was a memory we will cherish for decades to come. Definitely coming back for more.....

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just wanted to leave a quick review of the restaurant. What a fabulous place! Great find for us Americans! The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. We had a lot of fun. The food and drinks were also really great! Can’t wait to visit again!