All reviews oldest pub in england the pub lovely old pub feature room street parking superior room roll top bath lamb bar area lovely room old building lovely place birthday treat pudding nespresso machine stayed here for one night cooked breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

The Porch House is a beautiful old building and our room was lovely. However that was the only positive thing about our one night stay unfortunately! My daughter booked a twin room for us but the beds had been made up as a double. We pointed this out to the recptionist and she said it would be put right. On returning form a walk around Stow, we found that the bed was still made up as a double. We spoke to the manager who informed us that Housekeeping went home at 3pm so there was nothing he could do. We told him that the radiator in the bathroom was not working and he said he would fix it but in the event he was unable to do so. We had to ask 3 times for milk for the room and to top it all, there was a problem in the kitchen in the morning and we were told to go across the road to the Sheep if we wanted breakfast! Very poor customer service in my opinion. No discount was offered on the price we had paid in advance and there was no-one in reception when we left so we just put the key on the desk. Such a shame for what could be an amazing hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Monica G
GM P, General Manager at The Porch House, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2018

Hi,

I can only apologise for the series of short comings that you experienced during your visit. I can make no excuses as we hold ourselves to such high standards. We have undergone some big changes and feel we are more than able to meet the standards such a building requires and fundamentally deserves.
Please contact me at gm@porch-house.co.uk to discuss your stay in more detail, and help me restore your faith in us once again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights for a friends wedding near by. Along with 3 other couples we were all put in the annex. All four rooms were very small and the walls are thin. We could hear our friends above us talking and snoring!
The rooms are nice, just expensive and impractical

Date of stay: September 2018

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. I'd like to apologise for the unsatisfactory stay with us. I can completely appreciate for some guests the rooms in the extended part of the hotel are small, however to avoid disappointment we do advertise them as our cozy rooms, which are even smaller than our standard rooms, which also reflects in the price.
That said please do visit us again and allow us to restore your faith in us. I would suggest our superior bedrooms, which are more than comfortable and great value too.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2018

Bit more up-market pub. Staff very polite. Food good. I'm not a pub person for food or drink but this was very acceptable. Pleasant restaurant. Would be good to be given cold water rather than warm or at least be given the opportunity to offer ice - just a small thing but...

Room tip: Haddock and chips
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Spent a really comfortable and relaxing night at this lovely hotel/ pub. The staff were very helpful and the atmosphere was really chilled. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable and the facilities were really good , we were also able to park in one of the Hotels spaces .
The breakfast was delicious we would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

I was under the impression that we had booked two nights at the porch house but actually we had only booked one.

We staying for one night in the suite. It was extremely expensive for what it is. (£220 per night )The room is essentially nicely decorated but rather tired with stains on the wearing thin carpets. The bed was comfortable but the quite small bathroom was up a flight of stairs which is inconvenient and it only had a bath and not a free standing shower.
There were tea and coffee making facilities in the room but the milk was uht and for this price I would expect a mini fridge and fresh milk.
The other downer was that it was extremely noisy. We could hear the people downstairs in the pub as if they were in the same room. We called down to mention this and they were moved on quickly.

Breakfast started at 8am but when we came down at 8 the cleaner was still cleaning. (We had to take our breakfast this early as we had an appointment to get to)
Our breakfast arrived just in the nick of time and was nice but we had to leave.

On the good side The staff were all extremely nice and polite and bent over backwards to find a place to stay for the second night.

My summary would be a price review and a few tweaks to their offering and how they are running the place would go a long way!

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your poor visit to The Porch House. In regards to some of the facilities, we are trying our utmost to get them back to standard where not good enough. Of course I can only apologise, however our prices are very competitive for Stow on the Wold, and we believe we are in keeping with similar business' surrounding us. Please do email me personally at gm@porch-house.co.uk if you would further like to discuss your visit.

Kind regards,