Tripadvisor
Stow-on-the-Wold
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews oldest pub in england the pub lovely old pub feature room street parking superior room roll top bath lamb bar area lovely room old building lovely place birthday treat pudding nespresso machine stayed here for one night cooked breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

We were searching for somewhere to enjoy a Sunday Roast lunch. The food was fantastic, staff and atmosphere were 10/10...despite it being a little on the expensive side, it was well worth it. We will definitely come back again!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AndrewJTierney, Guest Relations Manager at The Porch House, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Hi and thank you for your lovely feedback and would love to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

Good food, diabolical service, front of house might as well have been replaced by corpses, at least they would have an excuse for being unable to communicate.

Starters arrived and then an hour and 15 minutes later the mains, after an enquiry, no explanation and no apology.

Load of front of house issues, there are many local restaurants, I’d pick a different one!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
AndrewJTierney, Guest Relations Manager at The Porch House, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Good morning Mark and thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to The Porch House. I was very disappointed to hear about the poor service provided and would ask you to contact me directly on the below e-mail in order for me to speak with you in regards to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

We came to the hotel for dinner having heard how good the food was, and we were not disappointed. The setting was lovely, the staff friendly & helpful, and the food was absolutely delicious. We will definitely return.

Trip type: Traveled with family
AndrewJTierney, Guest Relations Manager at The Porch House, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Hi Alison thank you so much for your lovely feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your family to the Porch House again in the very near future.

Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Need to clean the pumps as the beer I had was awful, cloudy with an odd looking head, didn’t complain as one would assume the bar staff would have noticed a bad beer but sadly not, also some ashtrays on the tables outside at the front would be useful so dog-ends aren’t on the floor

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
AndrewJTierney, Guest Relations Manager at The Porch House, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Dear Sir I am sorry to hear that you received a poor pint of beer. This is not acceptable and I ask you contact me on the below e-mail in order for me to address this.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Have dined here many times so booked to enjoy the Welsh-Rarebit in particular as a long-term favourite & the reason for booking here, sadly which was not on their Menu anymore, the Staff were not that attentive, the Restaurant wasn't that busy & when I asked for a J2O or similar was told they did not stock that drink but could offer Squash...I was shocked, as haven't had Squash since 1968!! I did visit the Bar & noticed their stocks were low of anything so I ordered a Pineapple Juice in the end, when it arrived it was announced as Apple Juice...the Chips were sadly not the usual standard either, quite the disappointment for the 'Oldest Pub in England' & for a Birthday Treat too

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear guest I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent visit to The Porch House. I am unsure why when asking for a J20 you were not offered our alternatives of Sicilian Lemonade, Sparkling Elderberry, Apple Crush or Clementine sparkling soft drinks. This is a staff training issue which I will be addressing. Unfortunately we do not have the welsh rarebit on our summer menu but will discuss this with the chef's in maybe introducing it into our winter menu. The two options of chips we offer are triple cooked and parmesan and truffle oil chips different to the normal cooking but on the whole well received by our diners. Would it be possible for me to discuss this with you further and if so can I ask you provide me with your contact details to the e-mail address below.

Deputy general Manager