I had booked this hotel with such high expectations...maybe that was my fault. I liked the idea of it being a former rectory, a historical building and gardens. It seemed so charming on paper, and from the outside it was. But it is a bit-run down and shows it age and not in a good historical sense either. It might seem trivial,but our bed was too soft...I mean like marshmallow soft. But they did have large fluffy towels. I think they cater to an older clientele (and we are in our 50's and were the youngest ones there by decades). When we asked for restaurant recommendations (after being told that their restaurant was full that evening) we were told that they couldn't recommend any place else in Stow on the Wold. They could tell us other restaurant names, but they all had mixed reviews from other guests. We did eat in their restaurant another night of our 3 night stay. And the food was good. I had the chicken curry and my husband had the haddock. I think our interaction with the staff just seemed so impersonal, that it affected our stay. I think we will look for another village in the Cotswold to stay in next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stow Lodge Hotel is situated in its own picturesque grounds overlooking the market square of the historic town of Stow-on-the-Wold. The hotel has been family owned and run for over fifty years and has built up a fine reputation for its friendly hospitality and excellent service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Stow Lodge Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stow Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold
- Stow Hotel On The Wold
- Stow Lodge Hotel Stow-On-The-Wold, Cotswolds