“great place great staff great food”
Review of Cutler's Restaurant - CLOSED

Cutler's Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have visited cutlers many times and have not been disappointed . the food is excellent and i have never had a complaint . the sunday lunch is to die for . The staff could not be more welcoming . I LIKE THE FACT YOU ORDER BEFORE YOU ARE SEATED . there is less of a rushed feeling , time to relax and have a drink too. The best place to eat in the area and would recommend to anyone .

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Nice ambience in this restaurant. However, the service model is infuriating. You arrive, wait in the lounge for an hour whilst orders taken. Then we go to table expecting food to arrive quickly. Not so. Why not show people to their table, take orders and then bring out the food? Call me old fashioned! The quality of food was good and the wine list was also adequate. Ood food but be ready to wait.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I wanted to treat my family to a nice dinner in our holiday to the wolds - and I specially choose this restaurant to mark the occasion. Hence, I called and booked on Thu, 11th jul 13, night for a place on dinner on Friday night for 1930. I also asked if they catered for Vegetarians and got the confirmation they did. I had also asked for a table that would cater for 6 including my twin girls of 6 minths to keep either the push chair or carry cots next to us.

Two things that we were disappointed with is the food choice we had as vegetarians - very limited and the rather curt response that we were late and they were busy for any specials (I had called to inform we will be 15 mins late as our 6 month old twin girls were unsettled) and secondly the lady's (one of the owners) concern, in the first instance, for other guests occupying a table next to us than allowing us to keep our babies next to us.

In all, we felt quite odd and suffice it to say that my Parents were aghast at the experience; not least the £120 we paid for the less than satisfactory dinner and treatment we got.

I thought I should write to express my disappointment - so in future other guests do not inadvertently have such an experience - which I hope is a rarity at this establishment, given our past experiences.

2  Thank WorldExplorerr
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Just stayed the Friday night on way to Cornwall. A really excellent hotel and great restaurant . Cannot be faulted

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We visited the Cutlers restaurant as guests of the adjoining hotel, Number Four at Stow.

There was a good selection of wines with a small range of choices also available by the glass, carafe and half bottle as well as by the bottle.

We both chose the seasonal menu choice of the roast saddle of lamb with gratin dauphinoise; the dish was mouth-watering as it was presented. The lamb was deliciously tender; perfectly cooked so that it was nicely pink. The accompanying gratin was slightly disappointing for my tastes; it would have been more luxurious if it were creamier. The vegetables sides were flavoursome and crisp which was a nice balance for the overall dish.

Our desserts were a delight; both the eton mess and dark chocolate mousse were a hit.

One person made our visit particularly special and that was Trisha who served our evening meal; she had a bright and informal style and artfully struck the balance between being engaging without intruding on your dining experience.

We would definitely recommend a visit to the Cutlers Restaurant.