Wyck Hill House Hotel & Spa
$140
Sheep on Sheep Street(Stow-on-the-Wold)(Great Value!)
$157
$220
Travelocity
Stow Lodge Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
$173
The Slaughters Manor House(Lower Slaughter)
$639
$220
Hotels.com
Fosse Manor Hotel(Stow-on-the-Wold)
TripAdvisor
Stag Lodge(Stow-on-the-Wold)
TripAdvisor
The Old Stocks Inn(Stow-on-the-Wold)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Lords of the Manor Hotel(Upper Slaughter)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
1,553 results
All reviewsthe main housesauna and steam roomtravelzoo dealcoach housecountry housegarden roomold housepublic roomscourse dinnerset menularge roomfeature roomsome tlcrestaurant stafffollowing morninglovely locationcream tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel was a lovely find for my husband and I who chose the Cotswolds to enjoy the countryside and charming centuries old villages. Our daughter studying abroad joined us, coming out by train to Moreton in Marsh from London. At first we had planned on staying only 3 nights and ended up with six. It is just south of the adorable sheep market town of Stowe on the Wold, it's in the country so it is necessary to have a car. Everyday began with an amazing breakfast experience in the glass sunroom and attentive waiter/waitressess. The staff in this "home" for it truly felt like a home away from home, were all quite exceptional. The desk staff, morning and night helped locate pubs/restaurants and even printed maps,and phone numbers. We enjoyed Sunday dinner on our arrival of comfort food, roast beef and yorkshire pudding. There are very pricey rooms in the main house, but we were very comfortable in the more affordable rooms in the attached building. Though If you want luxury it is tavailable and also a spa. The hotel's location is central to all the small villages known and unknown, Chipping Camden, Lower Slaughter, Bibury and others waiting to be discovered. Charming in all the right ways...wish I were still there.

Room Tip: Front rooms seemed brighter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We pre-booked a two night B&B break last July and on arrival in October were lucky enough enough to have an upgraded room. Although we had a hugh room with a nice little terrace it actually felt very corporate/business orientated and was hard to relax in. The chairs were small 'office waiting room' style with no arms and not styled for comfort or reading and as there was no light in that part of the room this would be impossible anyway. The weather wasnt suitable for sitting outside, unfortunately, otherwise this would have been an option - despite the lack of a table on the terrace. We stayed in this hotel two years ago and noticed the difference in standards and amenieties since our last visit. The clothes hanging space was an open plan shelf and hanging rail which resembled a built in wardrobe minus the doors - the effect was untidy and rather like a cheap motel effect. Also, the last time we stayed, we had two bottles of mineral water in the room,fresh coffee, proper glassware rather than 'Travelodge style' plastic beakers in the bathroom, two sets of toiletries for a double booking and this was in a standard room (room 19) in the new part of the hotel. This time, although we were in a better standard room, albeit also in the new part ( room 4) we noticed the difference considerably - the main advantage to room 4 is the french doors and patio. To be fair, the bed was huge, bedding top quality and divinely cosy duvet. There were two very heavy quality bathrobes and complementary slippers and, interestingly, an additional spa bathrobe hanging in the bathroom which I can only surmise was left by the previous encumbant and would not have been laundered? As there were no menus in the room I phoned reception to ask for a bar menu, a wine list and to have some idea of the menu in the restuarant. Most of the courses were not to our taste and in total was rather expensive for something we would not want to eat so I asked about the Table d'hotel menu and was told there wasnt any. We settled for a basic burger and a drink in the library room as the bar had several noisy children running around and because we assumed there was no other dining option other than going out in the car and finding somewhere else for dinner. The duty manager appeared to be in charge of everything and was obviously flustered by all the requests coming his way - he couldnt find a wine we wanted but luckily another member of staff loctated it for us. The following evening we stopped in the (now quiet) bar for a glass of wine - the barman was very helpful and let us taste some wines until we settled on two lovely ones. Whilst chatting to the barman he told us there was a Table d'Hotel menu (and had been there the previous evening) - at that point we decided to dine (three courses for £25 with the main courses at £15 and £5 for starter or puddings). We were not disappointed - the food was good, the service also and the wines lovely. Pity about the information given the previous evening and a greater pity that young children are tolerated to the point of them being allowed free run of the bar and being noisy (and in fancy dress - Halloween pirates??) in the restaurant. Due to the excellent management of the restuarant our request to be seated as far away as possible from these distractions to a relaxing dinner was gladly agreed to. One minor point for those affected by respiritory issues (such as asthma) the ladies lavatory next to the restaurant had an overly powerful automatic airfreshener spray which made me totally breathless whilst in there and on leaving I had to sit for several minutes whilst I recovered.
Would we recommend this hotel for a short trip - yes, especially if you have a special offer, but I would definately say it is very much a summer stay - the views are lovely, the terraces make the place as the indoor spaces are limited and can be cold in autumn/winter. Stow on the Wold is minutes away, and the rest of the Cotswolds are around and about. Thanks to Carl the barman for his help in chosing lovely wines and for giving correct information about dinner and the young front of house gentleman who advised us on the local area.

Room Tip: The old part of the hotel is obviously the best but great deals can be found in the new building. I wouldnt recommend the Orangery is the walk could be a pain in bad weather. We have stayed in Room 19 (lift accessible and level walk down corridors) and Room 4 (lower ground - ie lawns level!) and the benefit there is the small fairly private patio included with the room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Chosen for its location in the heart of the Cotswolds, it delivered on every level.
Grand, opulent with beautiful grounds. Stunning restaurant. Very good breakfast.
Spacious rooms.....great spa.
No pool or jacuzzi which was disappointing.
Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I arranged a reunion lunch followed by a long weekend for some of the party at this hotel recently. I could not fault the service or staff, without exception they were friendly helpful and cheerful. Albeit that we were the only guests for lunch on the Friday it still felt friendly and not awkward with attentive service without over being powering. The rooms are reasonably priced, large and very comfortable the Garden rooms were very nice and the ones I booked for others were very large. I had a feature room and we thought it was worth the extra for a special treat. If I fault this hotel at all it is that there is no real lounge as such just a small library, a bar or you can sit in the reception area. Also the reception could do with some more staff or a way of alerting the staff that you are waiting if the desk is not manned for a while however neither of these tiny niggles spoilt our stay. I would return again here and would recommend it to anyone wishing to stay in that area

Room Tip: All the rooms I booked were very good. The garden rooms are more modern is style the feature rooms more antique style both types very good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My wife, daughter and I have just finished breakfast at Wyck Hill House Spa and delicious it was. However the experience we encountered on our first night turned out to be ridiculously bad. After a long day travelling and a lovely day in the Cotswolds we decided to have a relaxing evening meal in the hotel. We asked to see the wine list and then ordered a bottle, which was then brought to the table and presented as is the norm, how ever the vintage was wrong by 4 years, I chose another, but alas they only had one in the same year, waiter suggested another bottle I agreed presuming the cost would be altered but to no avail, so two glasses were then bought at the bar by myself. When the food arrived my 7 year old daughter had a quick smell of her pasta and pulled her face. The smell was truly awful and my scallops were of the same odour too. We decided to leave it there and just go to a takeaway , until a really helpful Duty manager (Kim) settled the situation and brought our main course over. From bad to worse the beef fillet was wrongly cooked, the rosti was like soggy mash and the 'crispy' onion rings were awful the waiter just had a look of disdain. Despite this rather long winded review the rooms were very nice if in need of a touch up and the breakfasts have been great especially the waiter Immi who was very helpful. When we return to the Cotswolds we will forego the kerb appeal and overall opulence of the building and book into a B and B in one of the villages. Thanks again to Kim for his help in the bar and the local knowledge he shared with us.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family