“A Great Find!!!”
Review of The Vine Leaf - CLOSED

The Vine Leaf
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We have closed the Vine Leaf whilst we seek a bigger premises. Please like us on facebook to keep informed with what is happening
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across the Vine Leaf on a recent visit to Stow. We were looking for somewhere to eat and found the restaurant tucked away in a courtyard. We hadn't booked & the restaurant was almost full but the staff managed to set up a table for us in minutes. The restaurant does a great value set menu (even on a Saturday night) and a full menu with lots to choose from. The food was lovely, all freshly cooked & full of flavour. The staff were really friendly and knowledgable of the dishes being served. Enjoyed it so much and will definately return.

There are newer reviews for The Vine Leaf

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Came here for a quick meal in the early evening. The staff were very welcoming and the service was quick when we wanted it to be. The food was nice though my pork belly was a bit overcooked. Value for money was pretty good.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

After reading trip advisor we definitely wanted to try this place.
First impression was good very nice interior and we were greeted immediately by a very friendly lady.
They were some excellent choices to suit everyone's taste and we chose from the very good value set menu. I started with crispy squid and garlic mayonnaise (cooked perfectly) my husband had cooked goats cheese on a herb crouton. For the main I had basil pesto luinguine with sundried tomoto and parmesan with fantastic garlic bread, hubby had sweet and sour pork with steamed rice. I wasn't going to have a dessert but I shared so much of my husbands we were given the chance to order another, so we did, Apple and cinnamon crumble crunch with ice cream and custard!
All you really want is good food and service and both were top notch. The place was quiet but we did arrive early and the lady who served us was so lovely and friendly we chatted to her throughout our time there and thoroughly enjoyed our evening.
So glad we went and will definitely go back and recommend to family and friends.

1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed March 10, 2013

After visiting your restaurant for valentines day, where we had a beautiful meze we simply couldnt wait to come back. We live in gloucester about 50mins away and would say you are worth the drive. We felt the customer service was second to none, I called late to book a table both for valentines day and mothers day and left a message on your machine to which you called me back and couldnt have been more accomedating. The vine leaf offers such a friendly service making you feel at ease. You accomated all our needs, were flexiable to what we ordered and your 3 course meal was a bargain! And the food was delicious!
I am shocked to here you are being described as 'average cafe food'- I only wish all cafe food was like this! I love finding little gems like this and i love that you are an authentic family run business that is true to its passion.
We will definately be back- looking forward to a summer day eating meze outside!

1  Thank Soniads85
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Three locals enjoyed a really yummy mid-week lunch at The Vine Leaf today. The food was well presented and not too "cheffy" and came to table straight from chef, and hot. The service was excellent and friendly.
The restaurant is simply but tastefully furnished, bright and clean. Diners seeking all singing /dancing atmosphere would find this rather quiet but it is great if you enjoy conversation with your guests.