“Magical”

Ranked #2 of 12 Painswick B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Magical”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I arrived to be greeted by Doug who couldn't have been more welcoming he showed us to our room which was called Romeo and Juliet which was lovely after settling in we went downstairs to the Kitchen where a chilled bottle of carver was waiting for us.Doug arranged a reservation at the Falcon Inn a short walk through the church yard via the private gate the food was great .In the morning we had a good breakfast served in the chess room .Excellent stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tatoo111
Peter L, Owner at Court House Manor, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here at Court House. What a lovely review and we hope you come back soon.

Peter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I arrived mid afternoon to Painswick the most beautiful village after entering through two large sets of gates I was welcomed to the house by Linda the glamorous owner and her dog Forte who made me feel so welcome.My room the King Charles Suite was perfect with great attention to detail after settling in I was given a glass of cava and Linda showed me around the house and explained the fantastic history including the musket hole in the front door!This is like staying in a private home and I was made to feel totally relaxed, in the evening Linda had made my reservations for dinner at the Falcon Inn a short walk through the church grounds via the private gate.In the morning breakfast fantastic with kind staff who dealt with all my needs a big thank you to Costa and Anna.I am getting married next year and have asked Linda if this would be possible and she is forwarding a quotation .Thank you so much for the lovely stay Perfect

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tudoecare1

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I recently enjoyed a solo overnight stay in Court House Manor and although I don't usually write reviews for this sort of thing, the absolutely fantastic stay I experienced compelled me to. I was immediately welcomed by Peter who made me feel at home straight away by giving me the 'grand tour' and recommending some local watering holes in the beautiful villages of Painswick and Sheepscombe. The house itself was simply awe-inspiring, quite literally fit for a King! The grounds and surrounding Cotswolds scenery provide the perfect backdrop for such a luxurious building. I would suggest Court House Manor for the perfect weekend break or even overnight stay like mine. Simply perfection.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank huw f

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I travelled to Painswick alone, and was welcomed by the owners of this beautiful 16th Century Court House. From the moment I stepped inside this building I was made to feel at home by both the owners and the staff. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, it was a pleasure tp stay here, and the rooms were immaculate and beautifully finished to a high standard. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to escape for a few days and live in luxury, whether it be for a romantic break or as an escape from reality as in my case.

The location was great, with plenty of things to go and do in the surrounding area, whether you are interested in walking, visiting historic houses or Roman or Neolithic sites of interest, and I hope anyone else staying here enjoys their stay as much as I did.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Carrie M

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights for my birthday weekend. We stayed in the Barn, which is a converted out-house to the main manor. It was beautifully decorated inside with a beautiful kitchen, lounge (with massive LCD TV) and dining area. There is a funky spiral staircase up to the bathroom (with shower) and bedroom. It was our little hideaway for the weekend. Totally private with our own parking area and wonderful garden with table and chairs. The only downer was the weather! It rained over half the time we were there but that made the accommodation even more key and it didn't let us down. I would highly recommend a stay here. We also met Peter who runs the place with his Mum and he was so helpful and accommodating, even leaving a bottle of Cava in the fridge for my birthday! Nice touch.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sam B

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

One word - breathtaking! Here is a property that is a must stay for all. It took three years to restore this glorious and absolute historic Manor House - and the owners - Linda and Peter - did not miss a trick. The rooms are luxurious - with all the little touches one expects from a grand five star hotel - but it's not over the top. Peter is terrific and no request is too big. The House is surrounded by a couple of acres of beautifully manicured gardens - directly out of the pages of history. Wonderful outdoor seating & entertainment areas jotted around the gardens. And all of this sitting in the heart of Painswick - a beautiful quintessential English village. You really do have to see it all - to believe it all. Oh...... and the village pubs are fantastic as well.
AH - BBC World News

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AaronBBC

Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

From start to finish this experience was second to none. Whilst it can be a little difficult to find (don't drive past it and down the hill as you'll need to reverse back up), when you do find it, it's worth it! We were greeted by Peter who was both welcoming and accommodating. First impressions... WOW! A lot of thought, time, effort and expense has gone into making this place somewhere you want to keep going back to. We didn't realise the original room we booked didn't have a bath and when we requested being upgraded if possible, it was dealt with straight away as we were fortunate there was another room available. We were provided with a bottle of sparkling wine when we got there which was a lovely touch. Although this is a shared accommodation, you never feel as though you are intruding or being intruded on. You have access to all communal areas which is great for meeting the other staying guests. Our room 'Othello' was spacious, had all the original beams and an extremely comfortable bed but the taller guests may need to be conscious of the headroom in, and leading up to the room. The décor is luxurious, especially if you like the shabby chic, or typical boutique. The building is clean throughout and the kitchen has everything you need if you want to self cater. I worried about parking expecting very tight streets and limited parking and took the smaller car but don't worry there's plenty of parking space in the courtyard. If you're looking to eat out, book in advance! Restaurants are limited and very busy and we ended up at the last of our options, feeling very hungry for most of the night.

If you're looking for a romantic or peaceful couple of nights away, I can't think of anywhere I'd rather recommend. We will be going back soon I'm sure. Please don't hesitate in booking this place, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jasmin B

Peter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painswick
The Painswick
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,169 reviews
Falcon Inn
Falcon Inn
#3 of 12 in Painswick

Been to Court House Manor? Share your experiences!