“Great food, friendly staff.”

The Bistro at Cardynham House
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Painswick
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I ate here twice, both times enjoying meals from the specials board. I was welcomed in, and the first time they made room for me even though I didn't have a booking. I was warned on one occasion that they were very busy so it might take a while for my order to come through, but the service was still great, and the wait wasn't long at all!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just passing through Painswick, we picked up some lunch. There were so few food outlets available, this was the only one we could find which looked any good. At first it was difficult to get a table as the waitress spends a lot of time in the kitchen rather than in the restaurant. Apart from this, the service was actually pretty good. The sandwiches were very tasty and we enjoyed our meal. It was also very good value too.

1  Thank Brad B
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Home cooking at its best. Lovely atmosphere and great service - I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We loved the food here - the monkfish was fantastic. It was a hot day so we were able to sit outside with our drinks and then went inside when the food was ready. Good sized portions and flexible with the ingredients when asked to misss out cream, chips etc for some of our party. I was the only one who could manage a dessert and can really recommend the chocolate torte. All the other desserts looked inviting too. Good value for money. Excellent service. The chef came out to see that we had enjoyed the meal - I always think that is a nice touch

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Quality food, prepared entirely on the premises by the husband, and served with flair and concern for the customer at all times. All at the most reasonable of prices. The beast 'eatery' in the village.