“New good food”

Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Painswick
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This pub used to be terrible, but we ate there the other night and the food was very good! We had Camembert with toasted rosemary infused bread which was delicious! I then had a steak which was also very nice, and my whole family were impressed as we have lived just metres away from this pub, and have always been disappointed, but are now thrilled to have a nice pub so nearby. I recommend it if you are visiting.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights as we had a family wedding to attend nearby, from the moment we got there we were made to feel very welcome, Our meal on the first night was excellent as was the breakfast both mornings although it's the first time I've had "hard" poached eggs! don't expect the last word in luxury, it's a really old building , the floors slope in every direction and so on but the room was spotless, the beds comfortable , the shower worked fine and we had a lovely view of the old church opposite, Thanks Neil and all your team, we'll definitely be back

1  Thank cliju
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We had the pleasure of eating at the Falcon 2 nights in a row. It was really nice to see some different options on the menu despite only revisiting the next day. As someone who has worked in catering for over 10 years I thought the food was cooked superbly. We had some excellent, well seasoned, Rib-Eye steaks.

The staff were very friendly and looked after us superbly despite it being a very busy service.

Highly Recommended.

1  Thank Nickfenton
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Lovely pub and really friendly staff.

We had dinner two nights in a row as the food was so delicious. The menu changes daily but all sounded delicious and not overpriced.

Would recommend the rib eye steak and chocolate fondue!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Actually this place does not even deserve one star at the moment....and I think they know it....
We have been here before to drink but not to eat. We had a 7.30 reservation. On arrival we were advised of kitchen refurbishments that might cause delay - ok. A t8.30 we got our starters - cold scallops and cheese pear and walnut salad with far too many walnuts and not enough pear.
And we waited.
The main courses were awful. Chicken and vegetable tagine with four pieces of chicken and tasteless. Venison I could hardly cut through, watery veg and about 7 soggy chips. We could nit eat it despite being hungry and this was our main meal for the day.
We complained. We were fobbed off with free alcohol. The front of house manager consulted the chef and then said she could not charge us for any if it. Just as well as I was not happy to pay for such appalling food.
This is the worst review I have ever had to write on TA.
My husband was still hungry when we got back to our B and B and had to raid the fridge.
Don't go here at the moment I hope it gets better. Visitors to Painswick need to know other eating places are closed on a Monday night so get a good lunch and fend for yourself in the evening -don't rely on the Falcon.

2  Thank localyokel29