“Food and beer”

Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Painswick
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Went in for a few drinks with my friends, decided to get some food. We got served by a very friendly Hispanic waitress who was very helpful in deciding what we wanted. Only issue was the relatively limited selection of ales.

1  Thank ffrog12

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Loved the food. A good selection of things for veggies and non-veggies. The service was good, and wheelchair access was fine, although a bit tricky because of a wedding going on. I'd go back.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We dined here in mid-August with friends. There was a wedding going on and so the staff were a little distracted ,but they still managed to be friendly and jovial.

The choice was good - even for vegetarians! The food was plentiful and tasty. The wine was good and quick to arrive! The service was cheerful and efficient. The setting was pleasant - lovely views over the churchyard. Nothing exceptional but a perfectly pleasant place for dinner.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Friday 17th august - booked a surprise birthday meal for my friends birthday . Top class food. Starter was to die for - prawns . Main meal - best duck Iv ever had . No pud as stuffed !!! Staff very helpful and the lady who took orders was such fun . My advise BOOK UP and try for yourself.

1  Thank Judith G
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I ordered from the specials as they seemed to be better value for money and seemed tasty. We were very wrong. My king prawn dinner £9.95 presented 5 prawns in shells which i can only assume was to disguise the meager portions. It created a mess issue for me as they were already bathed in the hot and tasteless white wine sauce. It occurred to me that even if the sauce had been nice, the shells would have blocked the flavour from the meat anyway.

We weren't visited by a waitress after the dishes were out even though the place wasn't overly busy.

My boyfriend was happier with his meal of steak and ale pie. However, to make room on the table the waitress combined his vegtables and potatoes without asking first, dribbling excess water around.

Potentially the restaurant would improve overall by sticking to hearty pub-grub and knocking the price down to suit its capabilities.

1  Thank caroline206