“Lovely food in a unique setting.”
Review of Cotswolds88 Hotel

Cotswolds88 Hotel
Ranked #8 of 10 Restaurants in Painswick
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Lovely food in a unique setting.”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Fabulous food and warm service in a wonderfully styled eclectic restaurant set in a beautiful cotswold mansion. A unique experience well worth seeking out.

• Visited November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“dinner”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

went back to our favourite restaurant as always the meal is first class and we had the tasting menu we were very glad to see gresham back as we know when hes ther the service is like the food 5 star only wish all the staff were like him know what to do and how to do it

• Visited November 2013
Herts
“Lovely meal, trainee staff”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

The meal itself was very good and they were obviously trying really hard to impress creatively. The staff however seemed very new and inexperienced. One waitress managed to knock a glass of very expensive white wine over and just sort of giggled and offered to replace with a glass of house white...not ideal. Other than that would definitely recommend!

Visited May 2013
“Cotswolds88 well worth a visit!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was staying in the area on the 7th of October and had heard some great things about the food at the Juniper restaurant within the Cotswolds88 Hotel so I booked a table for me and a guest. The food was first class and the setting was brilliant but what really stood out was the service I received. I have been to many "top restaurants" and frankly the service levels have been mixed but from arrival to leaving the staff here were first rate. Anyway what you really want to know is how was the food(it is a restaurant after all) well I had the scallops and pork belly starter 10/10 and would highly recommend followed by the Venison main which was cooked to perfection and for dessert I had the coffee cheesecake(not to my personal taste nut my guest devoured it!)

To Summarize - well worth a visit, try the scallop and pork belly starter, the price isn't cheap but you get what you pay for and the service and setting are amazing!

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food.”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We came for a meal at the Cotswold 88 following a review in the daily mail. We were staying at a near by hotel for my husbands birthday and fancied somewhere a bit special to eat. We were not disappointed, superb food, lovely atmosphere. Canapés were served to us in the bar area whilst we enjoyed a pre-dinner cocktail, followed by a goats cheese mouse before at our table, before our 3 course meal. We will definitely be back, next time to stay at the hotel as well!

• Visited September 2013