“dinner”

Ranked #9 of 10 Restaurants in Painswick
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

yet again 5 star meal and service we had as always the tasting menu which was very nice shame to see lee the waiter has left he was excellent

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We booked a Sunday Lunch for 5. The Restaurant was empty apart from two other diners, which caused me some consternation. I need not have worried. The South African waiter was personable, attentive and knowledgeable . He added to the experience. The meal was excellent, portion control was stricter than I would have liked.The surroundings were superb.
Service charge of 12.5% is not applied to Sunday Lunches. It wasn't cheap but not wildly expensive. It did ,I must admit, have the 'wow factor'.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Lovely relaxingdining experience, service a little slow but we werent in any rush. Be careful of the service charge at the end, we obvioulsy paid this and gave them an extra tip.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

again we return for the first class service and beautifull food we had the tasting menu which was first class and the cheese board wasgreat for my husband we cant find any faults and for you out there who review the decor you will pleased to know they are changing it in january

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We wandered into Cotswolds88 looking for lunch on our very first day in England. We had just arrived in Painswick after flying in from Newark, and we were looking a bit worse for the wear. In spite of this we were very warmly greeted, seated quickly and were soon were served absolutely beautiful and delicious food.

I started with a goat cheese and beet salad, and my husband had a fois gras terrine served with little local sausages. I then had brill that was served with pureed potatoes. I often seem to wind up with white food, but this was sparked up with some green, and was flavorful and not bland. Husband had lamb. Unfortunately jet-lag keep both us from recording much else about his main course. Servings were on the small side, but were exquisitely assembled and presented, and everything was delicious.

It seems the hotel is known for its quirky, modern decor. The decorating scheme is not quite to my taste, but if we find ourselves in the area again we will most definitely return, maybe even to stay.