“Cheese Scones”

Martha's Coffee House
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

The cheese scones were the best I have ever tasted, in fact they were so good that the owner gave my mother the recipe. This is a really friendly place and the home made cakes looked delicious, a couple who were sat next to me and my mother had the carrot cake which they thoroughly enjoyed. Back to the cheese scones, they were oozing with cheese all nicely melted in the middle, yummy!!! The tables were cleaned straight away and the service was quick, I would recommend this little coffee shop to anyone who is visiting the area.

1  Thank Alison H

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Despite not being big, this cosey little place offers atmosphere with great staff who warmly welcome you on arrival. Also have a small but varied menu.

2  Thank Mark B
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I called in for a Cappocino and carrot cake. It was the best carrot cake I have ever tasted and I told the lady when I paid. I was told Sarah made it and she well deserves a gold star for her baking. She told me I had made her day and I hope this little bit will help too. Lovely coffee too, I cant wait to visit again next yeat.

1  Thank PoppyPoppit
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Sarah has recently taken the helm at Martha's Tea Rooms and boy what a difference she is making! She bakes all the cakes herself using fresh ingredients and you can tell in the taste. Delicious!!!
Just go and enjoy! The coffee is also excellent and supplied as freshly roasted beans by a local company. Everything is also reasonably priced. They do a carry out service if you want that too.
The rear courtyard garden is also lovely on a warm day.

1  Thank Upferyertea
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Popped in here for lunch on the way home after spending 3 days touring the Cotswolds. Wheelchair friendly and there's a small courtyard to the rear of the shop for sitting outside.The panninis are very nice as is the coffee. Some delicious cakes avalable. Very quick service from friendly staff. Would definitely recommend and return

3  Thank SMOOTHRIDER