“Try their Sunday Buffet - Delicious and only £8.95 each”
Review of The Spice Room

The Spice Room
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've previously visited this restaurant, with my husband, whilst holidaying in Moreton-in-Marsh and submitted a very favourable review. Whilst there last time, I noticed (in very small writing - at the bottom of the menu) that they do an 'all you can eat' Sunday lunchtime buffet. So this time we decided to give the buffet a try. We called in on Saturday to book - previous experience taught us that we should book in advance or risk not being able to get a table. When we arrived, we were the only ones there!! The buffet came out, hot and fresh.... Starters: onion bhajis, naan bread, poppadums, dips, salad, chicken tikka and sheek kebab. Main buffet: Chicken Korma, Lamb Bhuna (I think) three vegetable dishes and pulao rice. They also brought out some sponge cake for dessert. OK, so it wasn't a huge selection of food but the food was hot and fresh and delicious - and only £8.95 per person, fantastic value!! Four other people turned up whilst we were there but I just cannot understand why this place isn't packed out every Sunday lunchtime? I wonder if it's because it's not that well advertised? Or because tourists may be put off by the shisha pipes in the window? Please give it a try, the staff are friendly and helpful, but not over the top. The Shisha pipes are just for decoration. If you look through the window you will see an empty seating area - don't be put off by that! The restaurant is at the back and not visible from the window, it's beautifully decorated and laid out. I will definitely be visiting this restaurant again.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was meeting with friends in Moreton with no idea of where to eat so I fired up Tripadvisor and let it decide for me! I'm so glad I took this approach! What a gem! The service was fantastic, the price was good, the venue was nice and most importantly the food was delicious. Every dish they brought out was immaculately displayed and full of flavour! Highly recommend it!

The only thing that wasn't great was the Coke, a little warm (the ice eventually cooled it down) and tasted as if it had come out of a large plastic bottle (just that little bit flat). Otherwise, 10/10!!

1  Thank Meitiner
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are tired of "Indian Food" revive your taste buds by visiting the Spice Room in Moreton in Marsh, if you can get a table. We first went just after they opened and were pleasantly surprised by the unique approach they have to the preparation and presenation of Indian/Asian food. A varied menu with exciting flavours, not the usual choice of red hot or just bland, combined with attentive, friendly staff and excellent value for money makes this a must visit destination. The news has spread and last time we tried to get in they were fully booked so we went last Friday and it was equally busy, but persist and you will be greatly rewarded.

1  Thank Marc B
Reviewed April 1, 2013

My husband and I had supper here on Friday whilst on holiday in Moreton In Marsh. Absolutely great. Such excellent food was a bit unexpected as well because its not something you would necessarily expect. Lots of restaurants are described as being in Moreton In Marsh eg Horse & Groom in Bourton On The Hill - which is fab but not in MiM but- this is the best in Town

Reviewed March 26, 2013

After spending an early evening 'catching up' with an old colleague from the North East who has settled in Moreton-in-Marsh and feeling a little bit peckish after a couple of beers our pal suggested a curry at the 'Spice Room'.
We were welcomed by cheerful, helpful and friendly staff who provided us with excellent attentive service throughout our stay. The food was superb, splendidly presented and up there with the best I have ever tasted. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting the town, you will not be disappointed.