Lovely August Bank Holiday break. Booked late & thought would have to take our 2 dogs with us, comment on booking.com replied to immediately & arrangements duly made. Then changed our minds, no problem, emails exchanged & placed in lovely room on top floor with a large corner bath, my request & again not a problem. Found the mattress too firm on the first night & noticed in guest book an offer to put a foam topper on the bed if required. Again, no problem & boy did it make a big difference :) Had very nice meal in restaurant on first night, good choice, good food, good service. Breakfast was plentiful with something to suit everyone. Staff deserve a shout out as all encountered were very friendly & welcoming. Stairs were pretty steep to the 3 rooms on the second floor, so wouldn't be suitable to all but the hotel is aware of this. Nice beer garden to rear of hotel, plenty of parking & free wifi throughout. Cirencester is limited on eateries & not as charming as its other cotswolds neighbours but did provide a good base to explore from. Recommend a visit to Bibuy, just up the road & truly beautiful. Easy journey to Stow, Moreton & Bourton but watch out for enormous steep drop in the road enroute - thought I was in Blackpool on a coaster for a second or two! Corinium proved a good choice & wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This delightful grade 2 listed privately-owned Hotel enjoys a quiet location, yet it is only a convenient five minutes walk to the town centre.Built in the 16th Century, the Corinium provides fifteen character bedrooms with every modern facility, a locally renowned Restaurant offering both modern British and European dishes and a cosy well-stocked bar that are all full of Cotswold charm. Whether visiting for business or leisure, you can always be assured of receiving a warm welcome and attentive friendly service.The Corinium also has the benefit of an attractive secluded garden and ample free car parking. It makes an ideal base for touring the beautiful Cotswolds region and is easily accessible from both M4 and M5 motorways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Corinium Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corinium Hotel And Restaurant
- Corinium Hotel Cirencester